Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Connection to a MySQL DB through MySQLcc??

Options
  • 09-08-2005 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a hosted database that I want to remotely connect to through MySQLcc.

However I keep getting this error in MySQLcc:

ERROR 1130: Host '83-70-33-59.b-ras1.prp.dublin.eircom.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Is this due to me having Eircom Broadband that probably does't allow this type of remote connection??

Cheers....

pb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Id say that the access table (in the mysql server that is) is only set up to allow your account to access the server from localhost. i.e. you may not be able to login from anywhere except on that machine. Accounts access can be restricted by IP address, and I would say simply that the ip address you connect to the internet with just isn't authorised.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Cheers for that Baz_. I just had to create a new user with full privileges and use my IP as the HostName. Worked like a charm.

Nice1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

no problems, glad I could help.

Advertisement