Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFPro World XI

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Slash/ED wrote:
    Yes there is.

A very good player, no doubt, but not one of the worlds best.
    A very good player that has close to 450 starts with two of the worlds biggest clubs of his generation.

Of course the fact that they play him has nothing to do with them being able to afford any player in the world to play that position for their team, its just to sell jerseys in Asia. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Come on Eirebhoy, how many times have you seen Nakamura?
    Enough to know that he can pass just as good as Beckham, take freekicks just as good as Beckham and all Beckham's best attributes, Nakamura is just as good at. Plus Nakamura has the skill to beat players and the football brain to pull off some superb things. I didn't know who he was at the time but I seen all of Japan's matches in the confederations cup and they are a world class team imo. He's their best player. BTW, Troussier used to manage Japan.

``If you had a group of five players who were the best in the world at taking free-kicks then Shunsuke (Nakamura) would be up in there.

``Of course Beckham would be in there as well but if there was a challenge between those two then Nakamura would win it.

``He's the best I've seen in that department and I think he will score as many as 10 goals or maybe more from free-kicks every year.

``You could actually compare his allround game to Beckham in that he's not really a physical player or blessed with tremendous pace but can make an impact on the game using his passing.

``Shunsuke has the best left foot I've ever seen in my career so that's where I think he should be played.

``For Japan I've seen him play behind the two strikers but that's not where he's most effective and my advice to Celtic would be not to play him there.

``He has a very skillful left foot and is able to make a good pass to start attacking moves.

``Maybe he's not the quickest but he doesn't lose the ball and can play short passes, long passes, and take free-kicks and corners.

``If I was to compare him with anyone it would have to be Jerome Rothen, the French international who used to play with Monaco and is now with PSG.''

If Nakamura consistently plays like he did whenever I've seen him I can guarantee you I wouldn't swap him for Beckham. Beckham is nowhere near being in a World XI.

Here's Nakamura's debut video which doesn't do him justice but anyway:
    http://community.gyo6.net/prg/bbs/data/C_bbs_club/Nakamura-good.wmv

Maybe the bias has f*cked me up but I'm not consciously trying to mislead you into saying Nakamura is just as good as Beckham. I honestly believe he is.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Enough to know that he can pass just as good as Beckham, take freekicks just as good as Beckham and all Beckham's best attributes, Nakamura is just as good at. Plus Nakamura has the skill to beat players and the football brain to pull off some superb things. I didn't know who he was at the time but I seen all of Japan's matches in the confederations cup and they are a world class team imo. He's their best player.
    So what are we talking here, eight or nine matches? Try eight or nine years for Beckham. When Ive seen Nakamura do as Beckham has done for half the period that DB has done it Ill take notice.

If Nakamura was that good. He wouldnt be getting the big move at the peak of his career to Celtic, he would be going higher, particularly after the profile of Japanese football was raised so highly after the WC, and particularly when he has respected coaches like Troussier backing him up.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    BTW, Troussier used to manage Japan.
    I know, my point was Troussier never managed Beckham.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    If I was to compare him with anyone it would have to be Jerome Rothen, the French international who used to play with Monaco and is now with PSG.''[/I]
    A glowing comparison to a world renouned player. If it didnt mention what club hes with now Id say a lot of people wouldnt even know.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    If Nakamura consistantly plays like he did whenever I've seen him I can guarantee you I wouldn't swap him for Beckham. Beckham is nowhere near being in a World XI.
    If he plays as consistently over a ten year period I would too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

A glowing comparison to a world renouned player. If it didnt mention what club hes with now Id say a lot of people wouldnt even know.

An inditement on those people rather than the player. He was probably the best player in Monacos champions league final team, superb left foot, great delivery.

Slash/ED wrote:
    An inditement on those people rather than the player. He was probably the best player in Monacos champions league final team, superb left foot, great delivery.
    Well not really. I thought he looked smashing that year, but what else has he achieved?

7 caps? A big money move that hasnt really worked out for him?

Whether he was the best player for Monaco in the final or not, he certainly wasnt their most influential player on the way. A key member yes, but not the most important. One season wonder springs to mind.

Well not really. I thought he looked smashing that year, but what else has he achieved?

7 caps? A big money move that hasnt really worked out for him?

Whether he was the best player for Monaco in the final or not, he certainly wasnt their most influential player on the way. A key member yes, but not the most important. One season wonder springs to mind.

Maybe, my point however was if anyone hasn't heard of him then it's because they obviously don't follow football on the continent very closely not because he's crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rotten is a class act, and hasn't failed at all with PSG, if anything he was thier shinning light this year, they have been under proforming for years and he is the only player on thier current squad who looks like changing that.

As for beckham if you serioucly think he is a world calss player then you need to cop the **** on and stop reading the sun or whatever trape your reading.
    He is a BAD all around player and to fit him into your team you have to accomidate him by reshaping your midfeild, which is always a bad sign, his defensive ability is apauling for someing claiming he is a centre mid and doesnt like playing right wing (where Gary Neville did all his donkey work for man utd making him look like he actually worked off the ball)

Concering Nakamura , he is a better player than beckham, it's simply.
    He has many ailities beckham doesn't and everything beckham has.
    He can beat players, beckham cant.
    He has quick feet, beckham needs 3-5 yards to pass or cross.
    He has a better passing range than beckham.
    He plays the ball into space as well as anyone on the planet.
    He has a better footballing brain than beckham allowing him to play amazingly accurate first-time passes in inches of space and equally impressive one-twos.
    Beckham is always a step behind the game, ALWAYS.

He plays at Real becuase thats what thier chairman wants, simple as.

Slash/ED wrote:
    Maybe, my point however was if anyone hasn't heard of him then it's because they obviously don't follow football on the continent very closely not because he's crap.
    I never said he was crap but I dont necessarily agree that not knowing what hes doing today is an indication that one "obviously don't follow football on the continent very closely". He had a good year and mad a move that didnt work out, sure he only played 19 games or something (he was injured for periods though). Im sure there are plenty of players that played that day that have moved into relative obscurity.

He was consistently outstanding through their entire campaign, not just that day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

So, what is everybodys choice for their own 11? From the 55 in the list given, that is, so no nakamura's or redondo's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Name me someone in the entire world who crosses the ball better than Beckham

Seaneh wrote:
    Rotten is a class act, and hasn't failed at all with PSG, if anything he was thier shinning light this year, they have been under proforming for years and he is the only player on thier current squad who looks like changing that.
    Rothen is a decent player.

It baffles me how you can claim that a player that had a single season worthy of the term "class act" is good yet I need to "cop the **** on" if I think Beckham, a player who has proven his pedigree year in year out on a domestic, European and international level (demonstrated by being the FIFA World Player of the Year runner-up not once but twice) is world class or a "class act".

He was also hardly their "shining light". He played about 40% of their games. They also had the third top scorer in the league (Pauleta) who scored almost 33% of their goals.
    Slash/ED wrote:
    He was consistently outstanding through their entire campaign, not just that day.
    Something I agreed with, but at present he is still not much more than a one-season wonder.
    Seaneh wrote:
    As for beckham if you serioucly think he is a world calss player then you need to cop the **** on and stop reading the sun or whatever trape your reading.
    He is a BAD all around player and to fit him into your team you have to accomidate him by reshaping your midfeild, which is always a bad sign, his defensive ability is apauling for someing claiming he is a centre mid and doesnt like playing right wing (where Gary Neville did all his donkey work for man utd making him look like he actually worked off the ball)
    United never had to "reshape" their team to fit him in, in fact his departure has coincided with their most barren period trophywise in a decade. I also dont remember Madrid having "to fit him in".

He plays simple wide right, and tackles back quite a bit. And certainly more than your average winger (looking at the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs, Robben, Pires etc). Perfect balance in a 4-4-2.

As for your "cop the **** on and stop reading the sun" jibe, it seems rather blatant to me which one of us is more familiar with The Sun's language and spelling. ;)
    Seaneh wrote:
    Concering Nakamura , he is a better player than beckham, it's simply.
    He has many ailities beckham doesn't and everything beckham has.
    He can beat players, beckham cant.
    He has quick feet, beckham needs 3-5 yards to pass or cross.
    He has a better passing range than beckham.
    He plays the ball into space as well as anyone on the planet.
    He has a better footballing brain than beckham allowing him to play amazingly accurate first-time passes in inches of space and equally impressive one-twos. Beckham is always a step behind the game, ALWAYS.
    You can harp on about how good Nakamura is all you like, Im sure you have seen him a hundred times and have the ReginnaTV subscription to prove it. ;)

Fact of the matter is he scored twice in 33 games last year, had trouble getting into the team the year before, all this while DB was playing ball at the biggest club in the world.
    Seaneh wrote:
    He plays at Real becuase thats what thier chairman wants, simple as.
    And we can put how he chalked up in excess of 400 appearances for Manchester United down to the same reason. :rolleyes:

Ferguson hates superstars like Beckham. Yet DB managed to be one of the mainstays of the team for eight years.

We are going so far off-topic here talking about the likes of Nakamura and Rothen, neither have proven anything in the game in comparison to Beckham, and both are only two years younger. Beckham deserves his place in the nominations as he is pure world class, and hes got the goals, assists, titles, cups, caps, and personal accolades to prove it.

I've decided you don't know your arsehole from your ear hole.
    Good day.

As for your "cop the **** on and stop reading the sun" jibe, it seems rather blatant to me which one of us is more familiar with The Sun's language and spelling.

how clever.
    I'm so sorry I didn't proof read my post before submiting it to a soccer message board, how dare I commit such a crime.
    From now I shan't type fast or forget to edit my posts.

Go hug you beckham poster, you muppet.

PHB wrote:
    Name me someone in the entire world who crosses the ball better than Beckham

Andrea Pirlo
    Mark Van Bommel
    Juan Roman Requlime

That's 3 so far, I'm sure I could think of more players who can not only cross better than beckham but also pass better, hit better free kicks, defend better, play with the ball at feet better.

• Advertisement

So, what is everybodys choice for their own 11? From the 55 in the list given, that is, so no nakamura's or redondo's!!

3-4-3

Dida

Nesta stam Maldini

kaka Gattauso Pirlo Xavi

Shevchanko Adriano Henry

Seaneh wrote:
    I've decided you don't know your arsehole from your ear hole.
    Good day.
    Seaneh wrote:
    how clever.
    I'm so sorry I didn't proof read my post before submiting it to a soccer message board, how dare I commit such a crime.
    From now I shan't type fast or forget to edit my posts.

Go hug you beckham poster, you muppet.
    What a great response. Id never attack a posters spelling but when you label that I am the one that reads tabloids yet you can hardly string a sentece spelled correctly together and resort to cursing and slagging in my direction when you run out of things to back up your points, Im going to stoop to that level. You never once were able to discredit anything I said, and made blanket statements that were wide of the mark in a lot that you have said.
    Seaneh wrote:
    Andrea Pirlo
    Mark Van Bommel
    Juan Roman Requlime

That's 3 so far, I'm sure I could think of more players who can not only cross better than beckham but also pass better, hit better free kicks, defend better, play with the ball at feet better.
    Hmmmm Van Bommel and Riquelme. You already said you have no interest in Spanish football so Im sure you have a firm basis to back up JRR, and Im sure you are glued to the Dutch League whenever it is on ;)

I also see you have also included eight Milan players in your world XI. The same Milan team that ended up trophyless this year, the same Milan team that have won an almighty single league title and single European cup since 1999. Ironically you support them do you not? Yeah all them are the best in the world, its the managers fault that they are not dominating world football, actually hold on, they have had some of the best managers in world football in the last few years :rolleyes: But I suppose it was blatantly obvious to me that I was arguing with a schoolkid with the "my teams better than your team" attitude from your first post.

What a great response. Id never attack a posters spelling but when you label that I am the one that reads tabloids yet you can hardly string a sentece spelled correctly together and resort to cursing and slagging in my direction when you run out of things to back up your points, Im going to stoop to that level. You never once were able to discredit anything I said, and made blanket statements that were wide of the mark in a lot that you have said.

Hmmmm Van Bommel and Riquelme. You already said you have no interest in Spanish football so Im sure you have a firm basis to back up JRR, and Im sure you are glued to the Dutch League whenever it is on ;)

I also see you have also included eight Milan players in your world XI. The same Milan team that ended up trophyless this year, the same Milan team that have won an almighty single league title and single European cup since 1999. Ironically you support them do you not? Yeah all them are the best in the world, its the managers fault that they are not dominating world football, actually hold on, they have had some of the best managers in world football in the last few years :rolleyes: But I suppose it was blatantly obvious to me that I was arguing with a schoolkid with the "my teams better than your team" attitude from your first post.

1: You did attack spelling on a message board which has about as much relivance as speed in a poker game.

2: I make a point of watching matches involving players who I consider good.
    Juan Roman Requlime is, IMHO one of, if not the best playmaker in the world, his delivery amazing, pity about the lack of pace but his attacking abilities far outweigh his definsive attuide (or lack of).
    Mark Van Bommel is a player I have loved watching for well over 7 seasons for both Holland and PSV, I love watching football and regularly watched dutch, french and belguim games on eurosport and TV5 over the last few seasons so as I could see for myself if players people in those countries recomended to me were as good as stated by my friends.
    In belgium I've watched Kompany closely for a while aswell as Aruna, both good players with bright fetures.
    In holland I enjoyed watching teams like ajax, feyenoord and AZ because of players like Salomon Kalou, Nigel DeJong and Ryan Babel and wesley snijder.
    So I've watched a bit of european footie and will do again this year, some of the teams may not actually be great but often the games are enjoyable and goot viewing for neutral fans of the game, for the same reason I watch a lot of premiership and champioship matches even though I don't support an english team.

Yes I included 8 milan players, and yes I do belive that Milan have the best team in the world, when you consider thier squad size and the strenght in depth along with the fact that thier defence is almost water thight and thier 4 striker between them last year scored more goals than and group of strikers in any top division in the world (74 goals in league compitition alone between Sheva, Gilardino, Inzaghi and Vieri) it adds to my belife.
    The best team doesn't always win, hence teams like Liverpool and porto winning the Champions league in the last two years.

And just to cap off the beckham arguement, I have given several reasons why he can't be considered world class, I never argued that Nakamura was world class or that Rothen was world class I merely said that they have more to thier game than beckham and have all of his positive attributes to boot.
    Beckham has a shocking lack of pace, zero ability to read a game in defensive play, slow feet, tackles like a school boy and besides his passing, crossing and deadball skill is not worthy of playing in any major team, at real last season he wa splaying centre mid and was terrible, same the saeason before, thus proving he doesn't have thne ability to play in that posistion for a top class team, that is also displayed by his appearences for england in the centre which have by and large been awefull. At united he had players wcapable of covering for his lack of defensive ability when playing on the right (G.Nev and co) so whe n he just sat 20yards from the byline out on right wing it wasn't noticable, the guy isn't world class, has never been and doesn't deserve to play for real.

So....how about those 55 players,eh?

Buffon
    Heinze Terry Nesta Cannavaro

Makalele
    Nedved Van Bommel
    Ballack

Henry Adriano

I posted my (biased) team of players who I like watching play.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote:
    and besides his passing, crossing and deadball skill is not worthy of playing in any major team

Agreed and more to the point, his passing isn't all that it is made out to me. It is technically flawless, he could pick out a euro coin from 60 yards, but he lacks the vision, intelligence and guile of true world class players. While he can pick someone out from far away if they're in space, how many times do you see him playing subtle defence splitting five yard passes like a Zidane or Bergkamp? There is more to passing than sheer technique alone which Beckham has bucketloads of.

I agree he is slow and can't beat players, defencively isn't great and his positional sense has gone to pot. He used to have the discipline to sit on the right wing and ping in crosses which made him an effective player but towards the end of his United career seemed to insist on cutting inside at all times and trying to be a central mid fielder, something he is not. It meant his crosses weren't as frequent and often he just got in the way.

Put simpley, he is a good player, a very good player, but not a great one.

Pirlo plays fantsatic short passes, not so big on the crossing.
    Riqlueme is such a fantastic crosser of the ball he can't get into the Barca team, oh no wait....
    Van Bommel is a central midfielder through and through, his level of crosses are similar to Keano and Vieira, good but nowhere near the class of Beckhams.

If you had said someone like Pires or Figo maybe I could understand, but you listed a bunch of CM's who are great playmakers, not crossers.

p.s. Beckham is one of the most decorated players in world football

Pirlo's crossing is one of Milans best attacking features, he constantly plays deep crosses to the striker.

Juan Roman had a bad first season at barce (somehting not uncommon for players arriving at said club) and since then has proved he is one of the best players in spain if not europe.

Van bommel hit a lot of crosses into J V of H last season for psv from the left and right and it is somehting that he does with great accurace.

as for pires his corssing isnt outstanding, he is however a great passer nad has good vision.

Figo is a perfect example of someone who crosses just aswell if not better than beckham.

p.s.
    Slash/Ed I agree with you 100%.

PHB wrote:
    p.s. Beckham is one of the most decorated players in world football

So is Phil Neville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Cech
    Cafu Terry Carragher Cole
    Ronaldo Gerrard Ronaldinho Nedved
    Shevchenko Eto'o

subs:
    Dida
    Puyol
    Kaka
    Pirlo
    Forlan

my top players last season, but i dont know how Forlan wasnt in there either he had a better season than horseface, ronaldo, crespo, and drogba.

heavily based on milan, but they have such a good team. Cafu was a bit of a dodgy one but he is a legend so i let him in!!

Seaneh wrote:
    1: You did attack spelling on a message board which has about as much relivance as speed in a poker game.
    I know I did.

But as I said above it was a response to your claim that I should "stop reading The Sun" to which I replied that it is obvious which one of us is more familiar with that paper.
    Seaneh wrote:
    Juan Roman Requlime is, IMHO one of, if not the best playmaker in the world, his delivery amazing, pity about the lack of pace but his attacking abilities far outweigh his definsive attuide (or lack of).
    Its extremely amusing how you criticise Beckham for lack of pace and defensive ability and then go on to decorate JRR as "the best playmaker in the world", yet highlight the exact same pros and cons to his game as to Beckhams.
    Seaneh wrote:
    And just to cap off the beckham arguement, I have given several reasons why he can't be considered world class
    Yet gave the exact same reasons as to why JRR is "the best in the world".
    Seaneh wrote:
    I never argued that Nakamura was world class or that Rothen was world class I merely said that they have more to thier game than beckham and have all of his positive attributes to boot.
    Of course, thats why both of them have had trouble getting games with the European powerhouses of Reggina and PSG in the last two years.
    Seaneh wrote:
    Beckham has a shocking lack of pace, zero ability to read a game in defensive play, slow feet, tackles like a school boy and besides his passing, crossing and deadball skill is not worthy of playing in any major team
    So despite his lack of pace (and in fairness to him hes no Ronaldo but hes no Jan Molby either), zero defensive/tackling ability (and again in fairness hes no Keane, but then again he certainly knows how to defend better than the likes of Robben/Riquelme/Kaka) and slow feet,

and besides his passing, crossing, deadball skill, long range shooting, desire to succeed, guile, and fitness level,

he is not worthy of playing in any major team?

Yet he has only ever been a player (or automatic first choice XI should I say?) of Manchester United and Real Madrid and England, two of the best European clubs of recent times and one of the best European nations of recent times? Not to mention been voted the second best footballer on the planet twice.

You obviously know much more than the likes of Ferguson, Quieroz, Erickson, Saachi, Luxemburgo etc etc etc.
    Seaneh wrote:
    at real last season he wa splaying centre mid and was terrible, same the saeason before, thus proving he doesn't have thne ability to play in that posistion for a top class team, that is also displayed by his appearences for england in the centre which have by and large been awefull. At united he had players wcapable of covering for his lack of defensive ability when playing on the right (G.Nev and co) so whe n he just sat 20yards from the byline out on right wing it wasn't noticable, the guy isn't world class, has never been and doesn't deserve to play for real.
    I never said he is a world class central midfielder. He is a pure world class right sided midfielder.

You seriously have some personal issues you need to sort out between yourself and David Beckham, as you are obviously blind to all the facts of his achievements being presented before you.

I have no vested interest in bigging him up. In fact as a lot of posters might say here, Im usually less than generous with praise over anything related to Manchester United. I will however tell it like I see it IMO, and its blatantly obvious that Beckham is much more than you are giving him credit for.

the thing that makes Requlime a world class play maker is somehting beckham doesnt have, vision and ability to play simple pass with devistation effect.

Slash/ED wrote:
    he lacks the vision, intelligence and guile of true world class players. While he can pick someone out from far away if they're in space, how many times do you see him playing subtle defence splitting five yard passes like a Zidane or Bergkamp?
    Beckham hardly lacks vision, Ive seen him put people through from 50 or 60 yards away.

Comparing his vision to that of Zidane or Bergkamp is not comparing like with like. They are both players that play on the edge of or inside the box. Thats their speciality. While Im not doubting neither of these two are capable of it, it would not be that often that you would see them playing a 50 yard pass to feet, or onto someones nose in front of goal.

Its also surely a complement that you compare him to two greats of the modern era. Its hardly an embarassment not to be as good at something as one of these legends.

As for lacking guile? Again that is something that Beckham has in abundance. He never shirks the fight, and despite numerous low-points in his career (penalty misses/sendings off for England) he always comes back fighting.

Seaneh wrote:
    the thing that makes Requlime a world class play maker is somehting beckham doesnt have, vision and ability to play simple pass with devistation effect.
    As I said above, Beckham mightnt have the vision to play an intricate back heel on the 18 yard line, but to say that he does not have vision is just 100% plain wrong.

Are you saying he hits 60 yard passes that land at other players feet by chance?

And sure Ill lash my team up there for the craic:

Cech
    Thuram-Nesta-Cannavaro-Zambrotta
    Ronaldinho-Makelele-Vieira-Zidane
    Shevchenko-Henry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

So....how about those 55 players,eh?

Buffon
    Heinze Terry Nesta Cannavaro

Makalele
    Nedved Van Bommel
    Ballack

Henry Adriano
    Ronaldinho is far better than Ballack. I wouldn't put a team up as I haven't seen much football in the likes of Italy and Spain. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Beckham hardly lacks vision, Ive seen him put people through from 50 or 60 yards away.

Comparing his vision to that of Zidane or Bergkamp is not comparing like with like. They are both players that play on the edge of or inside the box. Thats their speciality. While Im not doubting neither of these two are capable of it, it would not be that often that you would see them playing a 50 yard pass to feet, or onto someones nose in front of goal.

Its also surely a complement that you compare him to two greats of the modern era. Its hardly an embarassment not to be as good at something as one of these legends.

As for lacking guile? Again that is something that Beckham has in abundance. He never shirks the fight, and despite numerous low-points in his career (penalty misses/sendings off for England) he always comes back fighting.

Beckham plays people in from 60 yards if they're in massive amounts of space. He plays in central mid field now and still can't play the kind of passes I'm talking about. His ability is in staying wide and putting in crosses, something he now seems to have lost the positional discipline to do as well as before even when played out there by England.

I'm not comparing him to Zidane and Bergkamp, you were by saying he is definitely world class. He is not in that bracket and I was saying why.

As for shirking the fight, well look at Rivaldos goal v England, but yes, he is generally a battler. Just not worthy of being called one of the best players around. I far from mean he is crap, he isn't.

Of course, thats why both of them have had trouble getting games with the European powerhouses of Reggina and PSG in the last two years.
    I thought Nakamura was the captain of reggina? Didnt know he was struggling for his place.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    Ronaldinho is far better than Ballack. I wouldn't put a team up as I haven't seen much football in the likes of Italy and Spain.

Well, i know that ronaldinho had a better season, but i chose Ballack in the centre because he impressed me last season. I was meant to have Ronaldinho on the left where i have Nedved, seeing as he had a mediocre season due to injuries. Dunno how i didnt see my mistake-usually id have nedved there in my dreamteam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

try and pick a worst team aswell to show how farcical this whole thing is .

Kahn
    Thuram Lucio Samuel R.Carlos

Beckham Scholes Vieira Nedved

Van Nistelrooy Drogba/Ronaldo

nearly all the right backs there had at least decen seasons so that was was a hard one to pick . Some players are in positions they can play in but may have not played there primarily during the season .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Didn't do a very good job, that's a great team (if a little old).

kaids wrote:
    Didn't do a very good job, that's a great team (if a little old).

It was a team based on last years performances . At the end I looked up and thought to myself thats a very good team but may have defensive problems and im not sure the players would link up very well .

Slash/ED wrote:
    Beckham plays people in from 60 yards if they're in massive amounts of space.
    Yes its called vision, something you denied he ever had.
    Slash/ED wrote:
    He plays in central mid field now and still can't play the kind of passes I'm talking about. His ability is in staying wide and putting in crosses, something he now seems to have lost the positional discipline to do as well as before even when played out there by England.
    As I said before, I wouldnt class him as a world class CM, but he is without doubt one of the worlds best crossers, free'ers, passers.
    Slash/ED wrote:
    I'm not comparing him to Zidane and Bergkamp, you were by saying he is definitely world class. He is not in that bracket and I was saying why.
    Ok grand, name five other players in his class on the right wing.

Ok grand, name five other players in his class on the right wing.

wouldn't naming five other players in his class just be naming five other decent but definetly not world class players .

Totally off topic, but Big Ears, why do you think Robbo will get sacked :)

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Totally off topic, but Big Ears, why do you think Robbo will get sacked :)

Its just a crazy prediction really , I even made it weeks before the final day of the season when West Brom were confirmed safe .

I suppose its because I don't beleive the baggies will do to well this year and when a team is in a relegation dogfight theres always a chance the manager could get the sack .

Yeh I suppose, but surely they'd show him a bit of loyalty after last year?
    ---
    Anyway, my world 11:

Casillas
    Cafu-Terry-Cannavaro-Cole-
    Kaka--Makelele--Pirlo

Ronaldinho-
    --Henry---Shev

No left winger really stands out to me last season, so I put Pirlo into the centre and let Ronaldinho play on the left.
    I also realise Makelele couldn't play as well in that formation, but in reality its a 4-3-3, with Pirlo and Kaka in midfield, and Ronaldinho in attackish areas.

Advertisement