Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The End of MGS3..........

Options
  • 10-08-2005 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Pls Help. :confused:

Just laid my Hands on MGS3 and am P***ed off By the End.

Long story short I have him on his last legs and then he pops up out of No where and pops a tranq dart in my Ass and its lights out, to wake up in a sweet little cell. Why is this happening????????????

Advice for the Love of God would be great

Regards

Ichiro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If he's tranquilizing you as soon as you start the fight, it means you probably saved during the fight the last time, quit and restart before a week had gone by.

If not, then maybe you just need to hide better...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Try not to spend too much time in first person when you don't know where he is. If you do he can sneak up on you and shoot you in the back and you're gone, no chance to cure yourself or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

If you're in first-person POV and you start to hear his breathing, snap out of 1st-person POV immediately! You can still make it only be one hit, whereas if you let him sneak up on you, bang, that's it. One way around this is to plant a Claymore just behind you every time you lie down to look for the old bastard. Can be tedious, but it means you're safe enough.
    Remember to watch for the glint of light from his scope. And remember also that when he calls on 'the power of the forest' a big beam of light will appear over his position - hurry and you can wipe him out before he recharges! Also make sure you hit him 3 times every time you hit him. Use thermal goggles to trace his footsteps after he flees if you're sneaking up on him. If all else fails, catch his parrot, equip it as a weapon and throw it - it'll fly straight to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Its easy, put on thermal goggles, you can see his footsteps. Follow him, then shoot him when you're near. Sniper, machine gun and shotgun work well (i don't actually have the game, but my friend killed him this way, worked fairly well)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love the way that there are so many different ways to beat the bosses of MGS. Remember once when I was fighting psycho mantis I got a codex telling me that if I couldn't swap the controller I could attack the two statues in the corner to reveal that the busts depicted psycho mantis' face which would make him lose concentration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I always got shot in the back. I just went back to where The End was and I fought him again and he doesn't shoot you in the back anymore. I think it's a one time thing.
    What you want to try and do is sneak up on him and try and get his camo. From there it's easy. When I didn't have his camo I just played the waiting game. Just wait till he falls asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I was playing the game on easy so I didn't have most of these hassles but I had a long game of cat and mouse with him.

It's also very amusing when you pinpoint his location and then nadespam him.

I capped his parrot as I had no idea it could be beneficial.

BTW what the hell is the power of the forest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

When he starts groaning and his life/stamina bar recharges a bit. Happens when you get him down to 1/4 strength. And what is 'nadespam'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

ExOffender wrote:
    When he starts groaning and his life/stamina bar recharges a bit. Happens when you get him down to 1/4 strength. And what is 'nadespam'?

It is a delicate process involving wantonly throwing grenades in his general direction in the vain hope of hitting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

grimloch wrote:
    I capped his parrot as I had no idea it could be beneficial.

BTW what the hell is the power of the forest?

lol @ first comment , btw the power of the forest is nature itself :)

@ OP .. use thermals, snipe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Or failing all the above, OP, just fast forward your PS2 system clock over a week.

Advertisement