Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning application - home owner

Options
  • 10-08-2005 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just about to submit a planning application to the council, but I have heard that if you already are a home owner they won’t even look at it.

Has anyone had the same problem and know of anyway around it?
    Don't want to have to sell our current house and rent as planning can take years adn may never happen.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

PJG wrote:
    Hi Folks,

Just about to submit a planning application to the council, but I have heard that if you already are a home owner they won’t even look at it.

Has anyone had the same problem and know of anyway around it?
    Don't want to have to sell our current house and rent as planning can take years adn may never happen.

Cheers

Ring the council. I'm sure they could tell but as far as I know you dont and even if you do you can get your partner or son or what ever to make the application for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Hi

How a council will view a PP application depends from council to council. In the midlands where I am based homeownership doesn't seem to come into play especially if you are applying under the new rural guidelines (where moving to an area where you were born, family reside or you make an economic contribution) have facilitated one-off rural development. An often included clause to a granted permission for a homeowner is one that compells the applicant to reside in the house for 5 or a less common 10 years prior to selling onwards to hinder speculating. The pre-planning option has become somewhat dufunct with councils disclaiming the ass out of them to allow them to refuse an application they may have championed in pre planning, but it might be a good tester of the councils view on your particular application. Get a map with the site location and some broadstrokes of what type of house you wish to build and apply for a pre-planning meeting. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PJG

cheers for the info folks

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

In Meath if you own or have previously owned a house you will be refused planning permission. But most people lie and tick no on the apllication and hope they don't check up. I have heard though that they are begining to check with the land registry for every applicant! Sounds like alot of work considering all the apllications they recieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PJG

yeah Wobs i think its the same in Kildare

• Advertisement
Advertisement