Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New mix of mine online.

• 10-08-2005 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Download it here
    (Right click save target as)

Here's the tracklisting:

Sound Navigators - Down On It (Inland Knights mix)
    Cricco Castelli - Da Funk Revenge
    Phonique ft Die Elfen - Lady in a Red Dress
    Magik Johnson - The Funk
    Salif Keita - Madan (Martin Solveig mix)
    Ken (from ECB) - DanceSamba
    Spettro - I Think
    Rob Hawk - F*ck The Facts (Brendan O'Sullivan Remix)
    Lawnchair Generals - The Truth
    Charles Spencer - Carlton Hotel
    Alan Braxe & Fred Falk - Intro
    Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Armand Van Helden Remix)
    Armand Van Helden - Hear My Name
    Armand Van Helden - My My My (Ashley Beedle mix)
    Household - Clouds
    Li Sha Project - Feel (Chuck Love Cop-A-Feel Dub)
    Aroma Allstars - Jazz Chronicles (No Assembly Required Mix)
    Aaren San & Pat Claim - Manishboy
    Swirl People - Play Along

Any feedback welcome as always. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

I ll give it a try but i d say the playlist is not really really fresh.
    give you comments later on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I ll give it a try but i d say the playlist is not really really fresh.
    give you comments later on ;)

Nah you're right of course but there's some tunes I just love in there from the last two years and that's just the way the mix turned out, wasn't planned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Nice little set! well mixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

haven't listened to it yet as I'm in work, just wanted to link into the thread until I get home and can download it there :)

Nice little set! well mixed

Cheers dude thanks for the feedback and taking the time to listen! :)

My other two mixes on on www.mixdepot.net/Giles are similar fare but with newer tracks that I bought in the last month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Giles I still havn't got round to listening to your other set sorry I will soon.

I'd recommend you stick your mixdepot URL in your signature :D

Bri wrote:
    Giles I still havn't got round to listening to your other set sorry I will soon.

I'd recommend you stick your mixdepot URL in your signature :D

Haha I love the way you make it sound like a chore Bri! :)

Don't worry about you'll listen to when you listen to it I'm just glad that's there's peepz listening at all...

Oh thanks for the tip about my sig I'm gonna do that - that old one's a bit weary now at this stage anyway and it's not even true! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

<snip>

just registered with mixdepot. should be fun uploading a mix via dialup :p

Just an idea - but perhaps a sticky should be made for people to post their mixes?
    like that "best sets of the internet" thread... only not quite as good :)

tman wrote:
    would you recommend mixdepot?
    considering going with them for a few months until i sort out some decent webspace (1gb+ and unlimited bandwidth at a decent price is pretty damn hard to find...)

Yeah I'd deffo recommend them Tman I checked around before I signed up and I couldn't find anything similar at that price. $7.95 a month for 300mb of space + unlimited bandwidth (very important). That's enough to hold 4 cd size mixes (under 80min) ripped at 128kbps which is good enough for me right now. You can upgrade anytime as well at a rate of $1 per 100mb. It's also a very easy site to manage in terms of uploading and tracklistings etc. Good for me coz although I've downloaded a ridiculous amount of stuff over the years I've never had any reason to upload anything more than a mb or two. I can keep track of my stats as well to see how many people are downloading my mixes and where they're being linked from. Very easy to link directly to your mixes or just your "homepage"

All in all I'm thrilled with it. :D

tman wrote:
    <snip>

Just an idea - but perhaps a sticky should be made for people to post their mixes?

Jaysus sketch forget diap-up dude just find a mate and go and "abuse" their broadband connection for a few hours - in return they get a free mix off you! :D

• Advertisement

Woops it did didn't it...na I'm just got got a few new CDs recently and I havn't got round to hearing all of them even yet. I will listen to it though I swear!
    Oh thanks for the tip about my sig I'm gonna do that - that old one's a bit weary now at this stage anyway and it's not even true! :D
    Not a bother. Glad you like mixdepot too tman - always thought it was a great service.

Bri wrote:
    Not a bother. Glad you like mixdepot too tman - always thought it was a great service.
    aye. seems fairly nifty so far :)
    didn't cop that you could pay $1 for an extra 100mb. - that should suit me perfectly if i ever need to upload more than 3 mixes
    gonna try uploading a mix in work tomorrow.

sorry about hiijacking your thread, Giles.
    not sure if i'll get around to downloading your mix... i've got over a gb of stuff queued up at home waiting for my damn broadband to go live.
    i'll add your mix to the queue anyways

Good stuff Tman :)

I'll keep an eye out for your mix on that site too. I'll be very interested to hear what sort of stuff you spin. All I know it's techy and although I like it deep and funky first - I'm partial to tech-stuff as well. In fact, I'm partial to any music as long as it's good! :cool:

Hey Bri maybe you should contact Mixdepot to see if they have an affiliate program in place - if they did you're well on your way! :p

Giles wrote:
    I'll keep an eye out for your mix on that site too. I'll be very interested to hear what sort of stuff you spin. All I know it's techy and although I like it deep and funky first - I'm partial to tech-stuff as well. In fact, I'm partial to any music as long as it's good! :cool:
    it's not exactly going to be a mix for the techno purists out there :p
    expect tunes from the likes of hardasfunk, stealth and xtension... and maybe a wee bit of acid techno towards the end.
    i've been on a limited budget for tunes (even though i somehow managed to go €500 over that!) so my selection of techy stuff isn't that great compared to my hard nrg selection...

/edit
    you're in today's top 5 on the main page \o/

Mmm...then once I get my USB Mixer I could start uploading on my affiliate account. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

make sure you get broadband with a decent upload because uploading on 128k up is a complete joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

tman wrote:
    <snip>

I deffo agree here guys. I know a few friends of mine that have some cracker techno sets that shine just as good as the guys that have a name for themselves eg Ben Sims.

Tman, maybe you should start a new thread about this to get some feedback. Twould be nice to see you up there on the stickies with myself, KevIrl, Lenny and Mob. Id say its a winner mate.

Loobz wrote:
    I deffo agree here guys. I know a few friends of mine that have some cracker techno sets that shine just as good as the guys that have a name for themselves eg Ben Sims.

Tman, maybe you should start a new thread about this to get some feedback. Twould be nice to see you up there on the stickies with myself, KevIrl, Lenny and Mob. Id say its a winner mate.

A dedicated mix feedback sticky thread would actually be a great idea for us boardsters who mix.

Mods agree??? :)

Loobz wrote:
    will do :)
    i'll pm Lenny and make the thread later

• Advertisement
Advertisement