Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse Problem

Options
  • 10-08-2005 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Where can i get reasonable priced poison and /or traps for mice?

Thanks

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

we bought a 2 pack in tesco's, they were grey plastic with a kind of elastic spring only about 5 euro, we put chocolate sauce on them (someone told us they liked it) and within two nights we had caught it

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

just did a search on google and found this website www.victorpest.com/mouse_instructions.htm - 29k

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Pretty much any hardware shop, I'd guess? I suppose if you shopped around and bought 1,000's at a time you might be able to save €0.10, but why bother, they're not exactly expensive, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The best mousetraps I have seen are available in a lot of Spar shops. They have 'Big Cheese' in yellow writing with a red background on them. They come in packs of four and are very very sensitive due to more metal in them than in most mousetraps and while setting them can be a right pain in the ass, it is worth it. As regards bait, I personally have had most success with simple cheddar cheese melted slightly onto the trap with a match.

I would not use poison indoors because you usually don't know where the body is. Obviously,this can lead to an odour problem as the carcass rots. At least with the trap you can see your problem — dead, and you can remove it quickly. However, if you want to know, the most effective/deadly poison is 'Storm' made by BASF. It comes in a light blue bag and is available in DIY stores. Be careful using that near where children or pets play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi,

Where can i get reasonable priced poison and /or traps for mice?

Thanks

X
    any DIY store. to name a few (B&Q/Woodies/Atlantic Homecare)

• Advertisement
Advertisement