Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locking mac addresses on Netopia BB modem.

Options
  • 10-08-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hello folks, I've been told this can be done, but can't work out how. I have a Netopia DSL modem, model 3347NWG. I need to lock the modem down to the specific mac addresses of the PCs connected to it, for security reasons. Can anyone shed some light on (a) if this can be done and (b) how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

yep you can lock down the wireless access also by MAC adress select Wireless, then Advanced Configuration Options, then
    Limit Wireless Access by MAC Address:
    and happy days :))

hope this help you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Thanks for the reply, Tech, but what you have described is not what I was actually looking to do. The modem, although wireless enabled, doesn't use that functionality. The machines are connected via network cables. So, I'm back to square one. How can I lock down the modem to these and only these specific mac addresses?
    Any takers at all? Maybe the low number of replies should be telling me something.

Advertisement