Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6680

• 10-08-2005 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there,

Just wondering can anyone help me with this problem.

When I receive an incoming call from one of my contacts, their name doesn't come up. It just comes up as "Call". I have checked it and this occurs even where they have network sending switched on. I have also tried inputting 00353 before my contact numbers but that doesn't make any difference either.

This is probably simple to rectify but is really bugging me.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Is it just one contact or all of them?

I have heard this occurs if the same number is in the phonebook twice (under different names) as the phone doesn't know which to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

that normally comes u when the person u are recieving the call from is calling u thru a switchboard...as paul said id it just 1 contact or them all

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ckl1

Thanks for your replies.

It's the same for contacts - including ones that are only in my phonebook once and are not calling from a switchboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Is there a way to switch on CLI (caller line identification) on the phone? Perhaps check with your operator as they may have blocked it for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

All calls received from O2 customer care reps come up as "call" I think it is just a network thing as I have a friend who works in a company and when he calls me I get a number like abcddd whereas his number is abcdee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Caller ID is technically a feature that needs to be activated on your a/c. When you were getting the 6680, the agent or person in Vodafone processing it may have taken it off by accident.
    Just ring em up and ask them to make sure it's there on your a/c.

Advertisement