Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some telecoms equipment

Options
  • 10-08-2005 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a piece of equipment that could take four analogue phone lines and play on hold message like, "You call is important to us, all agents are busy" and then link to a load of phones..

Does anyone know who would sell stuff like that??

Pablo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I'm not too sure, but I would think an Asterix box with interface cards should be able to do that. How you'd go about it, I'm not too sure but I'm sure there is a plugin somewhere

And then do VoIP to the asterix box from your staff

Here is how I would do it

VoIP phones or normal phones with ATA's -> asterix box -> interface cards -> normal phone lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

Thanks..

Any idea where i would get this stuff in dub off the shelf or irish websites for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Essentially, you're looking for a switchboard.

As TimTim suggested, Asterisk would do this for you. There is a queue facility within Asterisk that would do exactly what you're asking.

Check out Asterisk here or go here for loads of VOIP related information including loads of Asterisk info.

I run Asterisk at home on a standard PC, however if you're going to connect "a load of phones" to it, then you'll need a higher spec PC.

Interface cards can be bought from Digium (website here ). You may be able to buy non-Digium cards from eBay but you'll need to research what you're trying to do and what you'll need before you start making purchases.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You could also use a normal (i.e. not PC based) PABX system, but these tend to be quite expensive.

Advertisement