Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with monkey island

Options
  • 10-08-2005 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (or the legality...before anyone asks im NOT asking for nocd cracks!) But just wondering, i have curse of monkey island installed on my laptop, but the game only installs basically a desktop shortcut, and streams everything off the cd. This is a pain cause its got the cd drive on my laptop going overdrive and heats it up,makes alot of noise etc. just wondering, would i be able to just rip the contents of the cd straight to my hard drive, and somehow get the game to read it from there instead of streaming from the cd? Any and all help appreciated :D
    EDIT
    sorry..thought i was in the games forum...move please mods :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

you make me puke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

say wa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

move him!!!! its scary stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

read the edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

Yup, Well i copied the cd int my games folder, and opened the .exe with scummv and it worked fine :D

• Advertisement

nice one buddha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

ohhhhhhh ill read your edit all right

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It'll work with an image mounted in Daemon tools too. The game's so old I don't think it has any cd copy protection, as practically nobody had a cd burner back then.

cheers stephen, know ith the wrong forum and all but thanks fer the help.
    and drunkenfool...wait, no..im not even gonna bother. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What Stephen said. Mount using Daemon Tools and should be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement