Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying flying things

• 10-08-2005 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

What is the story with all the flying insects invasion in the city? From O'Briens bridge and all over NUI there are swarms of flying ants everywhere! I don't even need breakfast anymore because so many of them fly into my mouth on the way into college!

Where do they come from, why are they here and HOW DO WE GET THEM TO FEIC OFF??????? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

<Insert unfunny Simpson's quote here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Another mystery is why there is always a smell of actual **** wafting from NUI, along the tree line as one is walking past on the way to uchg....

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Spray 'em all with DDT - then run before the acid rain kills everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

i've noticed that too MobileInfantry - probably sewage backing up somewhere...

I'm new in Galway but i've noticed that there are parts around the city, especially around UCHG, NUIG & newcastle that have pretty bad smells. Its like there are rotting dead animals hidden in every bush...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

They may be flying ants. You get them everywhere at this time of year, on certain evenings. You get all sorts of other insects too, so it could be something else. They are all probably flying around asking each "What are all these giant monsters that keep trying to hit us and crush us?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

It's just from the mini-heatwave we had a month back, combined with all the exposed mud & pools of water when they blocked the canal to desilt it before that - perfect breeding conditions for the buggers. Water attracts them anyway - mild soggy winters & springs also allow for lots of breeding as there wasn't the usual frosts killing a load of them off once the first wave hatched. I live between two lakes - they're everywhere this year, worse than ever :(

Carry a zippo an multiple cans of cheap deoderant.

Children, shield thine eyes from the righteous flames of purification!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

SyxPak wrote:

i prefer to carry a gatling gun to deal with them.

You shot-to-kill ratio is going to be pretty poor....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

SyxPak wrote:

Children, shield thine eyes from the righteous flames of purification!

I did that a few times at the light just beside the bollards nearest the bar. All the little wings light up, flare brightly for half a second, and go out again. It looks cool.

Midges wrote:
    Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

Splats Thow.

http://joecartoon.atomfilms.com/pages/supaflya/

Click and laugh.
    I thought they were apt for the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I encountered some of these winged serpents of death today.

I ran like a girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Assaulted today as me and a mate walked across the bridge....

If it weren't for my karate chopping and ninja throwing stars, we surely wouldn't have made it out alive! (cue B&W montage of me killing flying ants)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Its worse if you have long hair and while ploughing through a swarm some stick in the auld mop.

As for the smell by those tree's its probably a public toilet for homeless people.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

this is one of the few situations where its a great idea to take up smoking! create a tabbacco cloud around yer head and the little devils will back off!!

Way ahead of ya pal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and you will see all the infrared rays you want.

Alternatively, you could eat a clove of garlic for breakfast and lunch. Then nothing with a nose or a nervous system will come near you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

those flying ants are so rotten they insist on landing all over everyone sick bastards. also up around the cathedral and down around woodquay theres a load of weird moth things swarmin everywhere they're horrible too :mad:

They poo in the air... and it flys around and makes everyone sick!!!

Pooh! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

They poo in the air... and it flys around and makes everyone sick!!!

Okay, thats it. Either they go or I go .............................. I´ll go pack my bags then.

Indeed, fly pooh:

Pi%20051.jpg

Hahaha..... Well said sir!

Though I am curious as to what is emerging from his rear end..... It actually looks quite rank!

.....And uncomfortable!

Advertisement