Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Punto broken into - repair estimates anyone?

Options
  • 10-08-2005 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Left the facia for my head-unit in the car couple of days ago and returned to find that the unit, my CDs & my driving glasses?!? (& no, they weren't prescription shades, just normal perscription glasses) had been nicked.

My fault for being an idiot, it happened in the car-park beside fairview dart station. They forced the drivers side lock but thankfully didn't do any other damage. The ds lock doesn't work but the central locking still does (can be opened / locked) from the passenger side. There's a bit of damage to the DS door beside where the lock is (where they forced in their screwdriver / twig / needle) in order to do the lock.

Was wondering what I'm looking at to get it fixed? Will I need a complete new set of locks all round? Any guesses on the price?

Was also wondering if there's any point (apart from the inconvienience of having to unlock from the passenger side) - psychologically if I leave it as is, aren't the usual suspects going to think that the cars' already been done so no point in breaking into it?!

Cheers

Advertisement