Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car 15.5K MAX, Idea's : Megane, 307.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

That's a nice price, I will get back to you if i am intrested ;) If i was in trested i would put in an offer of about 15.5K as my Maximum she has to spend, But as you said 16 is your minimum, But tell me if your intrested and i will have a chat to her, see what she think's.

Any known problem's with the car as Laguna's are Generally know to have fault's here and there, Any issue's, Milage ? Anything replaced... Let me know ;)

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Ye, I paid nearly E23K less than a year ago. No issues - just bored and with my next NCB i can insure something bigger - i dont keep cars long - costs me - just one of those things.

The only thing the car needs is 2 new front tyres. Depending on the price - ill put these on. Otherwise the car is clean, no issues, FSH, 33000 miles. Full leather, climate control, electrics, CD etc.

Sounds lovely man, well If you would consider 15.5 I would say forget about the front tyre's, My mother would sort that, What would you say ? If you will " consider " it i will mention it to her, Im sure she might be intrested also, How long's left before the timing belt need's changing ? My dad's went reasonable early in his 1.6 model aswel which wasn't expected.

Hj

Ill consider E15.5 - let me know. Im not 100% certain when the Timing Belt needs to be done. I can try and find out. What year was hers - how much mileage when it went?

I amn't too sure when it did go... Couldnt say exactly, i know there is 43K on the clock now and it got changed a good while ago.

It would be nice knowing though how much Mi;age is left on the T-Belt before A purchase is made, But i cannot guarentee you a deal at all though, I wont be seeing my mothr for about 2 day's and even then it will be another week before we are home to Ireland as we are in UK at the moment for another week. But dont kill your self over anything, And if anything comes from this i will certainly let you know, thanks.

Hj

• Advertisement

Ye, no stress. I wont sell much below the E16K - even if the T Belt is nearly due. I would have lost too much on the car then. Let me know if you want to view the car etc.

So thats a no @ 15.5 K cos 15.5K is pushing my mum also.

Hj

HungryJoey wrote:
    So thats a no @ 15.5 K cos 15.5K is pushing my mum also.

Hj

15.5 is a runner - sorry - i meant that i wont go below that 15.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The timing belt should be changed at 50k on the Laguna. It says 72k in the owners handbook but this is too long and Renault dealers recommend 50k.

Ok i will get back to you. Its all weather she like's it or not, Might be a little too big for her ( not engine ) but physical size. I am slightly Confused about what you mean, Is 15.5K a Definete or no or will you think about 15.5 ? Sorry about confusion :(

• Advertisement

HungryJoey wrote:
    Ok i will get back to you. Its all weather she like's it or not, Might be a little too big for her ( not engine ) but physical size. I am slightly Confused about what you mean, Is 15.5K a Definete or no or will you think about 15.5 ? Sorry about confusion :(

E15.5 is a runner - apologies for the confusion. What i was implying was, that if the timing belt was due (which it is not) - I would not drop the price further in lieu of this as I consider the price to be good.

The car looks fairly big - but it is a hatchback - they arent that big.

Yes ok i will mention this one to my mother as soon as i see her 2moro Morning and well tell you a Definet no if she immediatly say's no... Or a possibility of either yes or no. Ill definetly mention this to her. Thanks for the offer, its a great deal.

Thanks,

Hj

Hi, any updates? If you guys are interested I will hold off advertising the car. If not - id like to get some adverts in.

Let me know please.

Thanks

Hey Chaz, Yes she is considering it, We are waiting till we get back to the UK so i can take her to the local renault garage and show her 1 and then i will have a definete yes or no. But if you feel you cannot wait, its your call go on and sell the beauty ;)

While i am here, Somebody just recommended us to go for a BMW3 series ( obviously not new ) and i spoted quite a few nice 316's about Coupe's, I quite like them but anybody got a word on them or is it bad news going to BMW around a 99 Year ?

Something like this : http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=234166

Or the slightly Newer model : http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=268399

Hj

HungryJoey wrote:
    Hey Chaz, Yes she is considering it, We are waiting till we get back to the UK so i can take her to the local renault garage and show her 1 and then i will have a definete yes or no. But if you feel you cannot wait, its your call go on and sell the beauty ;)

While i am here, Somebody just recommended us to go for a BMW3 series ( obviously not new ) and i spoted quite a few nice 316's about Coupe's, I quite like them but anybody got a word on them or is it bad news going to BMW around a 99 Year ?

Something like this : http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=234166

Or the slightly Newer model : http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=268399

Hj

OK, let me know. The issue with the Beemer is that is at least 2-3 years older than what you would pick up a similar car for - for the same type of money. Spares are expensive - so too is servicing. They are nice, no doubt. Its not always about brand though. They have also had issues with interior build quality - perhaps this 99 model had that - not sure.

I looked at a 2001 330I 2 weeks ago and walked away due to an issue with the interior.

When are you back in Ireland?

I am back to my homeland on monday ! Just popped over here for 2 week to see Relative's who live here.

Ill keep you updated.

About the BMW's, I like the newer model i suggested, there are a few for sale 99-00 Of the newer model 3series which aren't too bad ( 318's ).

Hj

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

HJ, not to spoil the party, but you've gone from a newish 307 type car to a Laguna, to an older 3 series. If your mother doesn't like bigger cars (like the Laguna your Dad had), it's probably not a good idea to buy her one. :)

For what it's worth, my wife bought a 307 new in 2002 and is delighted with it. I really like it bar the lack of power, it's the 75bhp model and as someone else pointed out, there's a newer 1.4 16v which adds more oomph making a better overall drive.

It's very comfy though, pretty refined on the motorway, VERY well equipped (XT model - climate, ABS, 6 x airbags, auto wipers/lights etc.). It's also very practical - you can easily take out the back seats completely basically giving you a van when you need it - unfortunately this means I use it to go to the dump which doesn't make herself happy... :rolleyes:

Only problem we've had with it is the indicator stalk felt very flimsy - it was replaced FOC under warranty, so make sure this has been done if buying an older 307. You'll know by the feel if it's been done or not. Other than that, absolutely no problems and we're not intending to sell it for a while so that's as good a recommendation as any! If you get a well specced 1.4 with the 16v engine, you (and your mother) :D will be very happy with it I'm sure.

Thanks alot Paul, Put a vote of confidence in me again. I am aon the look out, Its between 307, Megane, Laguna or 00 3 series BM 318. I know thats a strange variety But it really is mixed choices.

I will look out for a 16v 1.4 and if i find that i might just think about it ;)

Might just take her out for 1 day and have a look at Laguna, Megane, 3 series and a 307 , I like the sounds of the 307 still. Here's a nice one,

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=274083

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

HungryJoey wrote:
    Its between 307, Megane, Laguna or 00 3 series BM 318. I know thats a strange variety

Isn't it? :D

I don't recall someone choosing between a Megane and a 3-series here before ;)

Ill rephrase that ;) : I dont recall anybody Choosing between a " newer " megane over an " older " 3 series here before ;)

Hj.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crazyhorse1980

heres a nice one at a crazy price !!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=292495

:D:D

heres a nice one at a crazy price !!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=292495

:D:D

Ye, Catalytic convertor must be a serious optional extra :-)

LOL :rolleyes:

Jeessh, If that guy want's to sell that car not looking dodgey, Atleast higher the price ;)

And no thanks to that, Don't like the colour ;)

Hj

HJ,

You have a PM. Let me know when you want to view my Laguna.

Cheers

A pity my MOther wasn't intrested in that laguna..

Anyway the time has finally arrived, shes been out testing megane's and she REALLY likes them. We were almost about ot buy a 1.6VVT Dynamic version, Full spec Black, Beautiful car but it turned out as were were getting detail's sorted the Idiot selling the megane wouldnt accept any of our offer's at liffey valley Renault So we basically walked away. He wouln't go lower then the selling price of 17,200 Euro and a 7000 Euro trade in on her current car... Anyway.. We took a trip over to Boland motor's today, Very nice people.. Very impressed... We found a nice Same car ( Coupe Dynamique ) with all the fancy stuff only difference was the 1.4L 16V in this one which is more then adequate for this Megane.. So we got that for 15.950 Euro and a 8000 Euro trade in so thats a Great difference in prices. So looks like we will be going for it.. Gotta' head over tomorrow get stuff sorted ;)

IF youre intrested this is the exact car... Look's Very Impressive, Lovely pearlessent Paint ;)
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=256463 << Thats her

Any comment's welcome,

Thanks for all help,

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

im selling my leon, its nice, pm me and i'll send you the pics.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=256463
    Right we bought that today then after all, VERY nice car indeed, Paint is beautiful...

Gotta' pick it up on saturday, Gone in for a service before we collect.

What ya's think of the choice ?

Hj

Not to hijack yer thread - I ended up trading my Laguna on this:

saab1.jpg

Got her last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Chaz wrote:
    Not to hijack yer thread - I ended up trading my Laguna on this:

Very nice :)

How did it work out financially? Oh and better get it taxed pronto. If you leave it till next month, the Gardai could take if off you :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes that model 9-3/900 SAAB is nice and a true SAAB. Alot better than the Opel Vectra clone that is the current model 9-3. Oh what have GM done to SAAB?

Advertisement