Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet explorer refresh problem

Options
  • 10-08-2005 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

when someone hits the back button on internet explorer it refeshes the page which doesnt happen on firefox,This is causing problems because of sessions I have set in my php program,is there a line of code that I can put in to stop this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

You want to stop internet explorer refreshing, or you want to stop firefox not refreshing?

I think the answer is similar in either case. No.

The problem is with the settings in the browsers themselves, and more specifically in the caching settings. I don't know of anyway to override the cache settings in the code, and in fact if there is it would be great for a site I'm working on too. I gave up on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

In java script you could try erasing the back history, but this will generally just annoy people.

Advertisement