Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightclubs/pubs limerick city

Options
  • 10-08-2005 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

lads and lassies,

what are the best pubs and clubs at the moment in limerick? heading there this weekend..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 your my lady

Earmuffs,

The (undisputed) best pub in Limerick is Nancy Blakes. The atmosphere is fantastic and the age group is 19/20-30. It has an area called the 'outback' which is partially covered with a canopy. Since the smoking ban came into effect the pub gets very busy; i suppose you could say thats the only drawback. As regards a nightclub, Trinty Rooms would be my favourite, allthough there are a couple of others, namely Icon, The Sinbin, and The Market.

hope this is of help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Man, Limerick's night life isn't great. Sure the pubs are good, but the clubs suck something awful. Just my opinion though. A good pub is Molly's when its not too packed. If you prefer to hear good music rather then go to a nice looking club try Costelloes, the place is a dive but the music is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

thanks lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Earmuffs,

The (undisputed) best pub in Limerick is Nancy Blakes. The atmosphere is fantastic and the age group is 19/20-30. It has an area called the 'outback' which is partially covered with a canopy. Since the smoking ban came into effect the pub gets very busy; i suppose you could say thats the only drawback. As regards a nightclub, Trinty Rooms would be my favourite, allthough there are a couple of others, namely Icon, The Sinbin, and The Market.

hope this is of help

Ah come on!! Ok, Nancy's is a good pub, but the beer is absolute total pi55 water!! They should go and clean their pipes once in a while!! Smyth's is a good pub. They usually have a live bands at the weekends.

As for the clubs, it's either Trinity Rooms (not a big fan of there), or the icon. The sinbin is full of jocks, and the market is full of kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

If you're looking for a good pub you won't go far wrong with "The Locke." In my opinion the nicest bar in the city by a long ways.

My reccommendation for a club would be Costelloes too, but it depends on what you're into. I personally wouldn't pay money into any of the other shíte clubs in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Clausey's Bar and Sin Bin Nightclub (Howlan's Quey) gets very crowed especially if there is a sports event on in the city.

Small Claw (around the corner from Clausey's Bar (if you want a quiet drink)

Smyth's Bar and Icon Nightclub (Denmark St) again very busy at the weekend, good thing about it is that there are two nightclubs for the price of one here.

Trinity Rooms Bar and Nightclub (Michael St.) popular place but there are some real young people going there these days.

The Market (Corn Market Place) not the best place in the world as there are alot of shadey charactors in there these days and the place is dirty. (Nicknamed the Carpet as you tend to stick to it)

Mo-Jo's Bar (Patrick Street), 2 bars over 3 floors.

Nacy Blake's Bar (Denmark St) good especially if you are a smoker.

Dolan's Warehouse http://www.dolans.ie (Dock Rd) if you like live bands on stage.

Saturday night is obviously the most popular night but Friday is usually alot quieter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 your my lady

Baldie wrote:
    Ah come on!! Ok, Nancy's is a good pub, but the beer is absolute total pi55 water!! They should go and clean their pipes once in a while!! Smyth's is a good pub. They usually have a live bands at the weekends.

As for the clubs, it's either Trinity Rooms (not a big fan of there), or the icon. The sinbin is full of jocks, and the market is full of kids.

Well, I'm a g&t woman, so bad beer doesnt bother me. I supose the fact that I'm unfortunatly a smoker makes it my preferred choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

bazz26 wrote:
    Trinity Rooms Bar and Nightclub (Michael St.) popular place but there are some real young people going there these days..

Is that as opposed to the fake young people that go everywhere else? :p

I like Mickey Martins, just off Thomas St, very small but lots of room outside on the street

The Wicked Chicken up in Pery Square as well is a decent hang out, has good dj's

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

the wicked chicken!
    Good music, great beer, brilliant athmosphere.
    Sure it's a bit small, but you'll usually get a seat in there on a weeknight, then afterwards it's over to costelloes for clubbing.

Incidentally, about the young people in the trinity rooms 'nowadays', I've known many many people who were going into Docs at the age of 14 ten years ago. It's practically tradition! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

IceHawk wrote:
    the wicked chicken!
    Good music, great beer, brilliant athmosphere.
    Sure it's a bit small, but you'll usually get a seat in there on a weeknight, then afterwards it's over to costelloes for clubbing

The wicked chicken? Never been there. Kinda handy that its areoudn the corner from costelloes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Ah, it's the only place I know of in Limerick that serves really interesting beer, and it's comfy enough too. Go up there tomorrow after soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tigerpunk

Hey,

I nearly have been to all of these clubs. Im looking for a club where predominantly Trance and so on is played. Which one would u recommend?

Thx in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 whateverminger

You'd need to be hitting some of these bars for a good night out ;)
    The Old Quarter,
    Flannerys Denmark St,
    Mollys,
    Nancy Blakes,
    Maybe Mojos...

Niteclubs:

Angel Lane (formerly The Market but revamped) always play some sort of trancey dance stuff especially at the end (it's over 21s...)

Icon.

Trinity Rooms is where the 16 & 17 year olds hang out now but the place has been known to get some good DJs.

Hope this helps! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'll take the bait..

tigons and ligers?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tigerpunk wrote: »
    Hey,

I nearly have been to all of these clubs. Im looking for a club where predominantly Trance and so on is played. Which one would u recommend?

Thx in advance

a time machine to the 90s when people still listened to trance?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Baldie wrote: »

This is pretty much the truth. Smyths pints can be dodgy too but all busy pubs have pretty crap pints anyway. If i go to town I just do the easy smyths/Icon. The night clubs in Limerick are all crap but Icon is the best out of the crap.

tigerpunk wrote: »
    Hey,

Thx in advance
    Trance. My mate DJ's in the groody bar. Heavy trance and hard house. I'm not into that stuff but I hear he is brilliant. I think its on friday nights but not every friday. U might have to look it up or contact the groody. It's out in castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its called Kinetic beats, loc you div!

Haha, yeah he doesnt play trance but one of the DJ's that do the club with him, do a set of trance.

TheLoc wrote: »
    This is pretty much the truth. Smyths pints can be dodgy too but all busy pubs have pretty crap pints anyway. If i go to town I just do the easy smyths/Icon. The night clubs in Limerick are all crap but Icon is the best out of the crap.

In my opinion Icon isn't the best at all! But I suppose depends on whatever you're into. It's as popular as Angel Lane but have a way better laugh in there compared to Icon. Wouldn't recommend any other club in Limerick they're all sh*te :pac:

In my opinion Icon isn't the best at all! But I suppose depends on whatever you're into. It's as popular as Angel Lane but have a way better laugh in there compared to Icon. Wouldn't recommend any other club in Limerick they're all sh*te :pac:
    Yea i've only been there once. If your with your mates, you'll have a good laugh wherever you go... I just don't like the smokin area in anal pain. Its horrible. Not that the smokin area in icon is much better but it's the worst one i've seen bar costelloes.
    It's nice to go there for a change tho.

• Advertisement

TheLoc wrote: »
    Yea i've only been there once. If your with your mates, you'll have a good laugh wherever you go... I just don't like the smokin area in anal pain. Its horrible. Not that the smokin area in icon is much better but it's the worst one i've seen bar costelloes.
    It's nice to go there for a change tho.

Which smoking area you on about cos there's two.....

I can't compare it to costelloes cos I've never been :D

Which smoking area you on about cos there's two.....

I can't compare it to costelloes cos I've never been :D
    The big one on the 3rd floor I think. its not ventalated at all and its huge. No windows or nothin. I don't like it at all. but the very top floor is cool. and it is good the way there are so many rooms to walk around in too.

Advertisement