Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bike shop

Options
  • 10-08-2005 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I need to find a bike shop in Dub City centre that will do repairs on the spot.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Look up the yellow pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Milo

MacDonald cycles on Wexford street, Pennyfarthing on Camden street, Cycle ways on Parnell Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

There should be still one on Dorset st. Sorry can't remember name.
    Going into town just passed the big tree on the same side.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

There should be still one on Dorset st. Sorry can't remember name.
    Going into town just passed the big tree pub on the same side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Tha's Mc Cormacks, or something like that.
    50 mts after the big tree pub on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Left my bike into Cycle Ways on Parnell St last May thinking they were reputable
    they ended up doing a half assed job on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Most busy bike shops won't do repairs on the spot (i.e. as soon as you bring it in). You'll usually have to leave it there for a while/overnight. If you're in a hurry I'd recommend phoning up and checking how soon they can do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

I would also like to denounce the scum that run cycleways - in my history with the shop I always felt they were a bit aloof and unfriendly, I had spent over 1500euro in the shop over a year period - easy to do when u take the bike and equipment etc....

One day gears decided to break and bent into the wheel - when they took it in they said it was covered in the warranty. However when I went to get my bike back they said they didn’t fix it because it was obviously my own fault from being in an accident, (I was cycling along when it happened) and that I would have to pay for it to be repaired.

So I fought with them, but they insisted on nickeling and diming me - was only a negligible amount - 30eur or something, paid it (like a sucker) then never went back since. Left a very bad feeling in my mouth. For me, I felt they were expensive, untrustworthy, and ultimately just after the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dub_Guitarist

my dad owns humphries cycles in finglas if its a puncture or something like that usually done in around 30 mins usually cause mechanic finishing a repair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Do they sell second hand bicycles too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement