Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance renewal

Options
  • 10-08-2005 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

right lads

i had a claim put in against me earlier this year and it took 3 years off my ncb, over some stupid dent. anyway i got a quote from briton insurance for 640euro, my broker wants 830euro. i rung them and they asked did you tell briton about the claim? they never did ask for a claim, all they wanted was your number of ncb years, (2). so can i just ask my broker to send back my ncb and finish with them tbh they are going in my nerves and i am with them 6 years, they never should have been a claim in the first place as i was to settle for the damage myself, which would have been far less than 3 years ncb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did you go with Britton over the phone? Did they send you out a proposal form? Most likely somewhere, you're going to have to declare the claim to them, at which point the price will be jacked up.

Some insurers allow you a stepback NCB, only on the condition that you remain with them for a certain period of time after the accident. Check your policy documentation.

Ultimately, you can ask your insurer for your NCB cert whether or not you intend on staying with them.

Advertisement