Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think record labels influence radio playlists?

Options
  • 10-08-2005 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Well in the US, Sony have been fined in one example of doing so [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4715745.stm]Sony wrongdoing[/URL] with the FCC regulator investigating.

As Clearchannel control alot of the radio stations over there, there is room for complicity with the labels.
    I think over here, the commercial dublin stations have a tendency to play the same songs over and over again, wonder why :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

They don't need to influence the radio here, the stations are hardly adventurous and are only gonna play what the majority of listeners want to hear which unfortunately means they play asstastic music 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

link didn't work.

I think they have some control but maybe not as direct as may be thought. The free gifts and promotional stuff is a bit more like bribes in some cases. I read before that some lables charge less for play rights on certain artists when promoting but not sure if it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Kind of like asking does sunshine influence rainfall...

Advertisement