Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital camera's

Options
  • 06-04-1999 10:51am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

can ne one reccomend a digital camera?
    i'm thinking of getting one and i've no idea what to look for?

MiCr()

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

The Kodak ones are very good but also very expensive.

I'd recommend the Fujifilm MX-700. I got to use one a while back and they're pretty good as Didgital Cameras go... about 600 Quid though.

The only other option is to shop for bargains at the online stores etc. Although I don't know much about any other models...

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

What you get depends on your application for the camera and your budget. There are lots of nasty 300 - 400 pound digital cameras, and any one of these may be sufficent for web applictions.

The only decent affordable(?)digital camera currently available is the Powershot Pro70. It has all the functionality of an SLR, including a dedicated flash hotshoe, abd works at a decent resolution.

I've used a few over the last few years, and havn't seen anything other than the above that would be worth buying.

If you have a couple of thousand pounds, you could go for one of the digital add-on packs for a standard SLR, but these work at really high resolutions, and are really only worth it if you intend to use the images for print.

Advertisement