Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit of Docklands water taxi?

Options
  • 10-08-2005 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Took a walk along North Wall Quay at lunchtime. It's looking well these days!

Several vessels travelling up and down the Liffey which really added to the atmosphere.

Among them was a red ferry similar to the canal boat's you'd see in Amsterdam, named Spirit of Docklands (Dublin). It rides very low in the water and looks like it would make it under most bridges even at high tide.

Are there plans (as opposed to aspirations) afoot for a docklands service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

They're starting Paris-style bateaux mouche.
    I work in an inner-city second-level school and we've been sent invites for 24 kids and 2 teachers for a preview trip on it tomorrow - woohoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Crappy day for a boat trip - even a free one :(

But how did it go?

We got a phone call this morning to say there was 'engine trouble' which doesn't sound too good in a newly built boat. We've to try again next Thursday.

The kids were terribly disappointed, having lost their chance at going outside the school 'But can we just go out for a walk somewhere?' one said, as the rain pelted the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnnn interesting idea. Anyone have any idea how much the tickets for it are going to cost and where you can actually buy them?!!

I heard eleven euro which is outrageous, if true.

I don't think it officially launches til next week - at least that was the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

They are due to start services on Friday. The 50 minute trip will set you back €11.

Advertisement