Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with Keogh's

• 10-08-2005 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

We went there last Saturday night and I could not believe how packed the place was - and in fact I could not believe how packed the street outside was. What is the attraction? We enjoyed it but why does the whole of Dublin seem to go there?
    We also went to the Dawson Lounge and that was brilliant - "The smallest Pub in Dublin" it is almost like an invitation or a challenge.
    MPA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

I have thought the same myself a few times. I cannot see the attraction of being holed up in a pokey , packed rundown craphole drinking beer at exhorbant city centre prices.

Theres a bit of a myth about the place amongst the uberclasses. Its a change to their cafe en seines and reynards.

Personally i think there are far superior traditional style bars within half a km of Keoghs. Brogans, Grogans, Sheehans, Long Hall, McDaids, Doyles and Mulligans to name just a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

yeah, it's a hole. never liked the place and i've been drinking around town for years. barstaff are dog ignorant as well. i should point out that i'm also barred... by association only

Advertisement