Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using laptop wirelessly

• 10-08-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi, I really dont know much about laptops but what I wanted to know is how do I go about using a laptop wirelessly in my house. I have an ISDN line and I have a desktop computer. What is the name of the thing I need to be able to use the internet wirelessly on a laptop. Does it plug into the ISDN box or the base computer? And what do I need to have installed in the laptop? Any extra cards or anything needed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

What you need is a wireless router.
    Common wireless standard is 802.11b or 802.11g
    You connect the router to the base computer and set it up using the routers software

the laptop will need a wireless pcmcia card(or usb key) unless wireless is already built in,

for laptop interaction, use the windows network configuration wizards to set up the interaction between laptop and base.

Advertisement