Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline 2005 AGM - Sept 10th - Dublin

Options
  • 10-08-2005 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

The IrelandOffline 2005 AGM will take place on Saturday Sept 10th from 2pm onwards in Buswell's Hotel Dublin.

The AGM will contain a summary of the past year's work and what progress was made. There will also be a presentation from Westnet on setting up GBS Communities. There will be a report on our latest survey, our Broadband for All project and upcoming future campaigns. There will then be a vote for a new Committee.

More information will be sent out closer to the event.

(can this be stickied please?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

How are you going to pay for the AGM? I'd like to make a donation if possible. I'm sure others members would also be able to contribute as well. Maybe all the companies that look at this forum could donate some money also?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Maybe all the companies that look at this forum could donate some money also?

Sounds like a good idea, the amount of companys that do thrawl these boards is probably more than anyones estimate!! Im sure there are a few companys that have benifited from the work that has been done by irelandoffline over the past while so maybe its time just to give back a little token of appriciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Donations towards the cost of the AGM will be gladly accepted. Room rental costs around 300 euros. Viking has the exact costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Monies have been sent via online banking. Please let me know if you do not receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Many thanks Praetorian!

The total cost for room hire and refreshments is €275.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

How does one make a contribution? Are the bank details in the public domain? Otherwise, PM me the details, please.

We can take contributions at the AGM itself, if you're going.

We don't have a bank account since we didn't see the need all along but you can lodge money to my account. I'm not happy with this situation as I don't think it should go to a personal account and I'd be wary if it was the other way around. But if people want to, I can PM them my account details and they can lodge money that way.

I also have a paypal account if anyone wants to lodge money that way. PM me for details.

Hopefully after the AGM, if the group still exits :p, we can go about getting a proper bank account set up.

BTW, in regards to companies giving money. We'd rather not take donations from them in case it would taint our objectivity.

Agenda:

Chairman's Summary of Past Year. Acknowledgements.
    Survey Results.
    WestNet and GBS.

Voting:
    Outgoing committee motion on plan for coming year.
    Any other motions.
    Outgoing Committee step down
    Vote for incoming Committee.

Discussion:
    Discussion about getting new members and membership becoming more active.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Last minute idea. Are the facillities available to broadcast the agm online for the people who cannot attend and would there be any interest in setting this up? I for one would like to attend but will be unable to. Webcam setup if possible or a simple audio feed. Also how about using the irc channel to solict questions from the virtual audience?

ai ing, this is what the IRC meeting the other night was for.

• Advertisement

EDIT: If you do have questions or suggestions though, post them here.

MAP

Buswells_Map.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

ai ing .. we thought about doing a webcast originally, but the practicalities get in the way.. firstly there's getting a reliable net connection, then there's trying to ensure everyone speaks one at a time, and finally there's finding a person to set it all up!

So I spoke with the committee and we agreed that it wasn't worth the effort, in favour of the IRC meeting during the week.

Having said that, I'll bring a lappie, and will attempt to transcribe what's going on, here or on IRC.. if that does work out (and is agreeable to the committee), I'll post details here tomorrow. TBH, I don't think it will, but I'll give it a try!

.cg

As has been said on other threads, thank you to everyone that turned up. There'll be an announcement later this evening or tomorrow annoucing the new committee.

Advertisement