Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob with results need advice

Options
  • 10-08-2005 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Im panicing! My work wont give me the results day off! Want me to work untill 1pm! Does anyone know what time the results are posted at??? Could I still collect them at 1??? Im so angry right now!! I put in for these days ages ago! Any advice would be really welcomed! Thanks and good luck to everyone
    Cherry!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

If you can't make it to your school you can always check online. You should have been given a PIN from your school and you can check online from 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Nope thats not going to work. I don't have a pin! TBH dont think I got one this year! Im a repeat student! Dont remenber getting one at all! Maybe i lost it but I doubt it all LEaving Related stuff is very neatly kept in a folder!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

"Sleep In" until 10 :)
    Or else just get someone to cover for you for the first hour or two, you should have your results by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

D-Generate wrote:
    "Sleep In" until 10 :)
    Or else just get someone to cover for you for the first hour or two, you should have your results by then.

Eh - Ill be on the piss that WHOLE day! - Ill be off thursday then with a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

C'mon u think u got it bad? I'm in from 8 to 6. I've tried begging for the day off, but i want my holidays more, so if they don't give holidays i'm walking out. Even though at that stage i'll have worked the 17th. Don't suggest any alternatives, no 2ways about it, i HAVE to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

call in sick

He told me if i call in sick, not only will he fire me, he'll give a terrible reference. Bastard.

Call in sick with a doctors note.
    All it will cost is 50 or so eurons to get the note which teh doctor will be happy enough to provide. The employer can't legally fire you if you have that note, in fact he has to pay you for a sick day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

He told me if i call in sick, not only will he fire me, he'll give a terrible reference. Bastard.

Legally (apparently) an employer can't give a negative reference - they can only simply state that "employee x worked here from x date until y date" without any further comment, as opposed to writing negative comments. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

well legally, he cant fire u either

• Advertisement

Well they can give a negative referance but it opens up a whole wealth of trouble in regards to legal accusations from the former employee. As such most companies, especially multinationals don't give a positive or negative referance.
    Besides, its more than likely a summer job and nobody looks at referances at our age.

Yeah i know thanks for suggestions. Ah for the day thats in it, i might just work. Create less hassle when i wana keep up work during college aswel. Its also a bargaining tool when i'm asking for holidays.

Advertisement