Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGP Cards and Network Cards.........

• 30-03-1999 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Just one thing. If anyone is having problems with either network cards or AGP cards on the same system, you'll have to take one out to let the other work correctly.

I've been tryingt to fix my AGP Card for the past few days and I finally twigged that the new Network Card may have been the problem, and it was.

I was wondering does anyone know of any patches or something that deals with this?

Not sure if it should be on this board but hell...

Kegs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

sounds like an irq conflict kegs. use sysinfo to find a free one and use it for the network card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

*Smacks Nog across the face*

I'm not stupid Mr. Nog I only spent two full days straight trying out just about every possible thing that could be wrong. It was a conflict between the actual Network Card and actual AGP Card, not an IRQ conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

At a guess it's a memory range conflict.
    AGP cards are whores for hoggin base mem ranges that belong to other devices. ATI AGP's have a ****in annoyin habit of sittin
    in roughly the same area as the com ports which ties in nicely with the network card.

Just a thought.........

Advertisement