Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jes.de - broken promises : (

Options
  • 10-08-2005 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have ordered an Asus 256mb DDR3 x850xt agp graphics card from Jes.
    I received a confirmation email from them with their bank details.
    I went to my bank, filled out forms and sent it to Jes.
    I emailed them to let them know the money was on the way.
    They replied that they do not have the card in stock, even though it was in stock when I ordered it.
    They said they need to refund the money to my account.
    Has this ever happened to anyone before with Jes?

I emailed them back saying that I was dissapointed and would like a 256MB Sapphire Radeon X800 XT ViVo Full instead. Its a tad more expensive. Now it looks like THAT card has been pulled from the site also??? WTF is going on?

Im waiting on a reply from them to see what they say.

On a side note, I have 350e (shipping inc) to spend on an AGP card, preferably ATI. Recommendations welcome. It looks like I wont be playing PC games for a while. And a hug would be nice :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks for the links Endurance Man. :) Will have a closer look at Pixmania.
    Im getting a bit tired of looking at different sites, different cards etc. Theres just too much to choose from. Ideally, best bang per buck is what im looking for.

I was thinking of getting XFX GeForce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 AGP8X from Komplett. What do ye think? The reviews look good.

I would like an x800xt for similar money but its hard to find. I really thought I was onto a winner with that x850xt for 327e inc delivery :(

Correct me if im wrong but:

The XFX card has 256mb ddr3.
    The POV card has 128mb ddr.

The XFX card is a 6800GT model.
    The POV card is standard 6800 model.

I do appreciate your input Endurance Man, and Im not trying to be smart but there is a bit of a difference. Performance wise Id say there would be a notible difference. Correct me if Im wrong of course.

Maybe this thread should be called 'Recommend a Graphics Card - 350e budget'. :p

• Advertisement

LOL, no probs, i dont no much about these new age gfx cards :rolleyes: . Just thought i might get lucky, picked 1 out the lucky packet :D .

Ah your ok Endurance, I do appreciate your input because over the past few days, my head has been fried looking up cards, sites, prices etc. Then Jes turn around and tell me they dont have it in stock the day after I send them 327 euros ffs. Im a bit miffed and need the best card I can get for 350e asap. Thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

This or this is good. And well within budget. Next day delivery too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

WizZard wrote:
    This or this is good. And well within budget. Next day delivery too ;)

:eek: €264 for a 6800GT. Thats for nothing compared to some sites.

EDIT: Only noticed now. €311 with vat. Damn them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

6800GT prices should be down form tomorrow due to the 7800GT being released to day. So wait a couple of days if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

also why the preference for ATI?

i'm the other way round, nvidia for me.

2 good geforces vs 1 bad ATI.

I had a Ati 9800pro for best part of three years. Starting to struggle a bit with newfangled graphics hungry games. But three years is a long time to squeeze out of one card. I went throgh 2 nvidias in the same time with one Ati card.

Wizzard, the two cards you mentioned are decent for the price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Hi Loobz sorry to hear your sale has fallen through. I've just bought a new X800XT off a seller in Germany for €300 inc. dhl delivery. He's one left if your interested and heres the link to it.

Dingatron wrote:
    Hi Loobz sorry to hear your sale has fallen through. I've just bought a new X800XT off a seller in Germany for €300 inc. dhl delivery. He's one left if your interested and heres the link to it.

Thats a nice price bud. The fan looks tiny for a powerful card. How does she run and what are you other PC specs?

I'll tell you when I get it. :p Only bought it this morning so it will be next week some time. Read some good things on it and seemly it will go up to XT PE speeds no bother. I'll probably change the fan to one of the Artic 5 ones when I get it as my machine runs hot already. Puting it in an Asus A7N8X, XP2400, 1 GB Geil PC3500, 2 X 37 GB Raptor Raid 0 so hopefully it will run good. Bit cpu limited maybe but we'll see how it goes.

That card looks like an x800XL rather than an x800XT. Correct me if Im wrong of course but it looks very similar to this one. You might want to know seeing as you just bought one. I will probably get this if its XT.

It does but I checked the serial number that he gave me on Saphire's website and it checks out as an XT. That's the only drawback of Ebay but he has good feedback. Just have to make sure its not modded or that but the pcb on ebay seems a different colour. Heres a pic from Sapphires website. I'll verify it with the seller to be sure though. Thanks for the heads up I hadn't noticed that .http://www.sapphiretech.com/awards/image/media_170.jpg

Finally got the card today. \o/ It is definitely a brand new X800XT and I'll let you know how it handles BF2. :cool:

Dingatron wrote:
    Finally got the card today. \o/ It is definitely a brand new X800XT and I'll let you know how it handles BF2. :cool:

Glad you received it safe and sound. Pity, there are none available on the Ebay link you posted previously. I would get one if there was one left.

Theres a good few availible from the US and the dollars not bad at the minute, but there is the "VAT" thing. XT800PE's are working out around the €300 mark. If your in no hurry you'll pick something up on ebay for around the same price.

• Advertisement

Quick update. The X800XT can handle anything I've thrown at it so far. HL2 maxed out was running in the 90-100 FPS and BF2 looks amazing. Haven't even tryed to OC it yet but I belive it will go to a PE with little effort. Well worth the wait.:)

Dingatron wrote:
    Quick update. The X800XT can handle anything I've thrown at it so far. HL2 maxed out was running in the 90-100 FPS and BF2 looks amazing. Haven't even tryed to OC it yet but I belive it will go to a PE with little effort. Well worth the wait.:)

Good to hear. Still no card yet. Im getting lazy tbh, and the break from gaming was a welcome one tbh. Theres a few ideas floating around my head.

Advertisement