Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking Up The Classics

Options
  • 10-08-2005 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

I've been trawling the web searching for old classic albums I originally bought on tape (remember that :p ) and getting them on CD for a while now. Sometimes you've got to pay a little over the odds on ebay and the likes for some real rare gems but, dammit, they're worth every penny when you open the envelope and take out the precious silver disc and some ****ing magic comes out of the speakers. Today is one of those days.

Nuclear Assault - Survive :D

Just listening to the first few seconds of this brings back the ferocity of that mosh pit when they played with Slayer back in 88. What a truly excellent album it is. It joins an esteemed list of ebay scalps like Atheist - Unquestionable Presence and Trouble - Trouble. Next up, Voivod - Nothingface :)

Anyone else afflicted with the condition? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Not that it's hard to get, but I picked up Band of Gypsys on CD, nice and shiny and remastered :) - what an experience after listening to a decade old crappy tape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Good stufff lads,..
    Well Ive picked up some real gems like this over last few years Rush DVD's that were only on video etc..but i think best i got was Jethro Tull's 20th anniversary box set of 3 cd's,,,I mean its impossible to get anywhere!...not even on tape/record anymore unless buried in some guys den...and yet when I got into Ebay,,,yep there it was on CD!!!..wow I had to have it only cost $40 and is a real collectors piece now so EBay is great...
    Now I wonder how much their 25th Anniversary box set is worth? i BOUGHT that one in dublin in 93 when released, amazing package 4 cd's old jems, some never heard before stuff, and live recordings and 1 cd with completely re recorded and re-aranged classics,,,it will be worth a mint down the road and me has one hehe yesiree

ciao' amigos...Bgagio.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I plan to get some Rush.

Even Immortal list them as a huge influence, so what's to lose?

Baggio wrote:
    Ive picked up some real gems like this over last few years Rush DVD's that were only on video etc

Ciao Baggio! :)

Don't tell me you got A Show of Hands on DVD! I don't think it's out on DVD and it should be! That was the first Rush video i saw years ago and it just changed the way i think about trios forever.

KH - get some Rush asap! PM me if you want some copies to check them out first (before you buy the entire collection of course!)

Ancient 1 my ol mate, :)
    yeah I got it off ebay is DVD copy of the vid but is clear and good sound apparantly given the blessing of the band, is a brazilian release,,,is good to have it for sure. Great news tho: grace Under Pressure Tour, Exit Stage Left and A Show Of Hands are all being re-issued on DVD early new year apparantly enhaced packaging, extras etc etc. Will be great to get these gems for sure, a must for any rock/metal fan. It doesnt stop there!!..last years amazing 30th anniversary tour is caught too - being released this year on special 30th anniverasry celebration DVD the date from germany is the show chosen, bukets of extras full concert the works,,,if ya thought Rush In Rio was good...this will be the daddy of em all!
    Also..Neil Peart is working on a new instructional DVD at this moment based on his solo from the last tour called "anatomy of a solo" will also feature stuff from solos from the past..so all those drummers and wanbe drummers out there forget grohl , bonham and co the REAL daddy of em all is about to hammers ya's again with his amazing stuff :)..hehehe Ancient 1, Doc, KH,,tis a great time to be a Rush fan...stand by for the feast :D

ciao' amigos.... Baggio....

• Advertisement

Great news tho: grace Under Pressure Tour, Exit Stage Left and A Show Of Hands are all being re-issued on DVD early new year apparantly enhaced packaging, extras etc etc.
    last years amazing 30th anniversary tour is caught too -

Wow i can't wait! :D

This is enough of an occasion for a few drinks - no fizzy water for you next time i see you Baggio! :p

Ancient..naa We'll go to town on it next time eh?
    ...Buttermilks all round yeyyy,,,oh and dont forget I owes ya 2 for starters

ciao' amigo...Baggio...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Guilty.

Last one was Therapy? - Nurse....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm currently trawling through ebay to find all the Coil albums I don't have. Only about 15 to go (I have around 25 already!). Thinking about getting this one but the price is a bit steep. Yes I know it looks like vomit. Meh, maybe I should sit this one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

$300. Damn that is a bit steep alright :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement