Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hybrid Theory

Options
  • 10-08-2005 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi, Im new to the whole idea of being a skeptic, in fact it wasnt until the other day when a few mates of mine labeled me a skeptic that the idea of being a skeptic actually came into my mind,

Since then I have being trying to read and understand the more popular conspiracy theories that there are out there such as fake moon landings, the truth behind 9/11 and the iraq war and of course the hybid theory

I realise that to many of you I am nothing but a novice, but that is why i have come here in order to seek knowledge and learn from those here who know what there talking about.

The hybrid theory is something i have heard about a fair bit, but am not sure if i have a true grasp on what it actually means, I would be very grateful if anybody here could help me out by pointing me towards a website or prefrably a book i could read in order to learn more,

I hope my post is a appropriate as I intend on using this forum as a source to continue my skepticism in the future

T.Y.I.A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Ric_Flair wrote:
    I realise that to many of you I am nothing but a novice, but that is why i have come here in order to seek knowledge and learn from those here who know what there talking about.

Ah yes ... we are indeed the Oracles of Wisdom.

However ... this oracle is here to tell you that he has no idea what the Hybrid Theory is (other than Linkin Park's album!). if there is such a thing (bearing in mind that you might just be trolling us for a skit) then perhaps the novice could enlighten us benighted ones!!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

No... I honestly assure you this is not a skit....

The thing is... I havent a clue what im talking about... Sumone once told me, that the Hybrid Theory is the idea that the human race is a result of experimentation by an Alien Higher power ......

Am I way of the mark?

Or am I just totally mixed up

Enlighten Me Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I don’t think skepticism is as glamorous as you think. Debunking conspiracy theories afaik is not a significant part of being a skeptic. From what I can gather they are usually more concerned with more everyday and more mundane concerns such as the merits of homeopathic and holistic medicine as a viable alternative to mainstream medicine. Have a look at the other threads on this forum and check out here and here to try and gain a greater understanding of what they are about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

Ric_Flair wrote:
    No... I honestly assure you this is not a skit....

The thing is... I havent a clue what im talking about... Sumone once told me, that the Hybrid Theory is the idea that the human race is a result of experimentation by an Alien Higher power ......

Am I way of the mark?

Or am I just totally mixed up

Enlighten Me Please!
    I dont know specifically which hybrid theory to which you are talking, there are many.

Heres one, from african folklore:

initially the human species was adrogenous - was neither male nor female, until such a time came as "beings from heaven to earth came". These people were of a reptilian species, who offered humanity this: "we will make you into gods, if you worship us", and so the deal was struck. The reptilians created two caves in the mountainside, one with an orange light and one with a green light, the human species was split into two groups. Those that entered the orange lit cave exited as men, whilst those that exited the green lit cave exited as women.

the story continues with further myth and folklore... it further continues into that there were a hybrid species created of reptillian blood and human. These bloodlines are supposedly the bloodlines of royalty and arostocracy. If you go with such theorists as David Icke, they'd have you believe the whole world is controlled by these people through the illuminati etc. etc.

There are so many theories and permuations of this one theory that you'd need a stack of books to hear them all. I'd save myself the effort and buy a couple boxsets of the X files :rolleyes:

Advertisement