Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Cordoba

Options
  • 10-08-2005 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what their like? I'm looking at a 1.2 Stella and want to know what people on here think. Is the engine too small for the body etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

I've a 1.4 Stella,
    Great car, flies along

the body isn;t that big. They are a small saloon, you notice this when you park, there's loads of room either side.

ther not nippy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anyone know what their like? I'm looking at a 1.2 Stella and want to know what people on here think. Is the engine too small for the body etc.

Thanks

I presume you are talking about the current model.

The Cordoba is just a saloon version of the Ibiza hatchback.

The Cordoba/Ibiza is based mostly on the VW Polo and Skoda Fabia. The 1.2 is a VW 3 cylinder engine with 55bhp or 65bhp so don't expect miracles on the road but it is economical. Might be better to find a 1.4 petrol version or better still the 1.4 TDi Sport but this are very rare and expensive. It is a pretty car though from certain angles imo.

Seems to be limited demand for a small saloon in a small hatchback dominated market. VW used to sell the previous generation Polo in saloon also but lack of demand for this size saloon forced them to drop it from the current model. I think the hatchback was seen as more practical than the saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Cheers for that lads. Bazz I was thinking the 1.4 might be a better option anyway.

Advertisement