Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New look for Audioscrobbler

Options
  • 10-08-2005 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

What do you think?

It'll take some getting used to. Seems good though.
    The artist charts aren't working yet.

Strangly my number 1 artist has been reset to zero, which is a bit strange.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I likes it :) Still pretty slow tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Just noticed something, you're now able to see all the artists you've ever listened to.

Thats an excelent feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Slow, but very slick looking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Not too bad. Top 40 now though, instead of 50.

Where's this "all artists" feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is audioscrobbler...i've seen it in plenty of users sigs...

• Advertisement

Plugin for most music players. Keeps a record of everthing you've played. Creates charts for you. All time most played artists/bands, weekly charts etc. It's cool. You get a pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Plugin for most music players. Keeps a record of everthing you've played. Creates charts for you. All time most played artists/bands, weekly charts etc. It's cool. You get a pony.

aww...i like ponie..pony's...horses...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The Politics feature is awesome.

Lot's more stats now too, can see all your weekly charts back to February. Nifty.

PiE wrote:
    The Politics feature is awesome.
    Have looked. Can't find. What does it do?

http://www.last.fm/group/Boards%2Bdot%2Beye%2Bee/revolution

You can vote to 'overthrow' the leader of any group :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Site is awfully slow.
    It's alright I'm looking forward to the audioscrobbler site being released though. Lastfm has always been a bit bloated for my liking.

I can't find the artist and track list in profile editior any more which was a handy feature. Also with the emergence of the all artist list I'm after finding a lot of crap that wasn't played by me in my profile. Also stuff I bumped out of my top 50 that had been played by other users of this pc. Another thing I miss is the stats page, that showed the submission queues etc.

The top albums chart is a nice feature as is being able to go back over your weekly charts. Menus overlapping when the page isnt maximised sucks though.

I'm afraid Last.fm is AudioScrobbler now. Though I do agree Last.fm always did feel slow and bloated.
    The Audioscrobbler.com site will re-surface soon as a development platform,
    which will allow lots more exciting applications to be built around your music profile.
    There'll be webservices and rss feeds for everything imaginable, we promise :)
    Some cool things should come from that though, so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

hmmm, i'm not too sure if i like it at all. I liked Audioscrobblers simplicity. Now there are ads everywhere and messy pages. Haven't checked out new features so hopefully they're are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Meh i like it quite alot.

Didnt see anything wrong with the old site tho, im not used to sites changing their format

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I like it. Seems to be quicker too (for me, anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I love all the new features in the new site. The journal's cool, so are the recommend features.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There were recommeneded features on lastfm before hand too, so that's not new.
    I guess I'll get used to it, I'm just having a problem finding things now.
    Also the neighbours thing is now worked off every artist in your list not the top 50 anymore which is crap. I've played so many different artists that my highest neighbour is about 20% and then the next is 11%. It worked so much better using only the top 50.

After using it for a few days I think I like it. Menus are kind of annoying when they don't show up propperly without a maximised screen. But good in every other way. Jimeatsmenu is my top neighbour.

Advertisement