Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of BF2

Options
  • 10-08-2005 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I've spent over thirty hours on Battlefield. Actually it's 51 hours but I can't bring myself to acknowledge that fully yet.

This game is like crack. Battlecrack 2 is a better name. I've never done crack but I know now how it consumes you.

I am getting rid of BF2 in the hope of accomplishing something - anything - at all in my life. How should I do this? Sell it on ebay or simply dump in the garbage. If anyone wants a free copy, PM me. I am not joking. I can't believe how much time was wasted on it in only a few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I am getting rid of BF2
    Negative solider!!
    The enemy is winning this battle!!!
    You must fight!!
    Now, get back to the fight before you're shot!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Man, i must be the only person in the world slightly dissapointed with bf2... i played the original and DC to bits, loved them both.

BF2 just doesn't seem to be grabbing me the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Ill take your copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Ill take your copy.

Ha, I already PMed him, asking for first refusal on any price he might name.....Lets see what he says. I dont have the game myself.....would like play the full version

your sig is in violation of the signature rules.
    Please bring it down to size.
    </SourGrapes>
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Ha, I already PMed him, asking for first refusal on any price he might name.....Lets see what he says. I dont have the game myself.....would like play the full version

tut tut, off thread dealin is a violation of the rules too ya know :p
    or is that just in the sellin forums

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

selling bf2 omg are you that bad? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

RotalicaV wrote:
    Man, i must be the only person in the world slightly dissapointed with bf2... i played the original and DC to bits, loved them both.
    Dont worry, your not, I thought it was w*nk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Pugsley wrote:
    Dont worry, your not, I thought it was w*nk :)
    you both should be shot for those statements ;)

I just had to say..fuzzy i clicked thin link in your sig and that story shocked and terrified me...furry dry humping orgies?!? WTF??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'll take it off your hands if it isn't gone yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The game is great - the players are retards. It kills the experience that you have to get a load of your mates to play just so that you can have a decent game.

But a mate of mine who's recently just got back online is looking to get a copy of the game. If you're still looking to offload it, gimme a shout cause i'd love to get him into BF2. He's still stuck on a CS craze atm.

So there you go - a worthwhile cause. Give up BF2 to get someone to kick the CS habit!

not everyones a retard..had a great game last night, on daiquing oilfields, me and a chap from another clan kept spawning at the airfield to get the apache, instead of just charging at it in a race to get the pilots seat we took turns, hed fly and id gun, then swop, etc etc, kept like that for the whole map, its always great when you meet someone in a game whos actally interested in teamplay, not just charging around taking any vehicle available and pissing about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Agreed. OK not all, but the majority. Most of the people I play with now are ones who have randomly joined my squad in game because of the scores, and stay for the teamwork. We play on regular servers, and when they join us a few times and show us they're interested in consistant teamwork, we invite them to the clan.

It's also a great compliment when someone gives up their seat in a chopper/plane for you to be the pilot and them to be the co-pilot after they've seen you fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

or they wont fly unless ur the co :p Personally most of time would just ask till let some1 i know is ok at least to be co. But some ppl dont want n00bs so take off, crash course & bail killin the co lol.

Personally prefer co, but if see some n00b gonna grab the chopper, try and jump into pilots so that actually getta chance till hit sumfin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

personally i think this is one of the best FPS/team warfare games i have ever played, and i have played quite a few. although my sig isnt updating atm i have over 70 hours now and almost 7000 points.
    i havent bothered re-installing any other games (other than eve and continuum which where there anyway) since i installed BF2, and the only game i can see that has a possibility of knocking me off BF2 is armed assault and thats at least a year away.

if you do decide to sell your copy of BF2, please think of icemans m8 as he is also a m8 of mine and i think he feels left out when he listens to use on teamspeak ingame :D

Deadwing wrote:
    I just had to say..fuzzy i clicked thin link in your sig and that story shocked and terrified me...furry dry humping orgies?!? WTF??? :confused:
    *I'm not a furry*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well im not mad about it but then I wasent mad about the 1942 , Dc , or Vietnam when I first played them, now I love them, still play em and cant get enough of them. Im wondering if this will happen for BF2 with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Im wondering if this will happen for BF2 with me!

Actually getting the game would be a good start.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dane

I am getting rid of BF2

I think you have to run RegCleaner to get fully rid of it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement