Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone ever sold avon?

• 10-08-2005 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi I was wondering if anyone had ever sold avon products? i am interested in doing it but i am worried about putting in loads of work and not making any money or loosing money.i would be really grateful if people could tell me about their experiences.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I have never sold it but always buy from them. I think the products will sell themselves to be honest. There is great prices in the catalogue.

Young girls starting to wear make-up and teenagers are prob the ones to target. They want products that arn't too expensive. I'd get the money up front though or you could be stuck with a load of stock you cannot shift.

Put up posters ect in gyms, youth information centres around doors in your area. I would get a sim card especially for your avon callers as you may start getting prank calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 captain_airbox

Thanks for your reply. i haven't tryed any of their stuff before but i've heard lots of good reports so i just ordered a few things yesterday and i'll see how i like them and start from there. you're right about the bargains i can't wait for my avon stuff to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I tried selling Avon for a while but it was too much work. I put up a few posters in supermarkets, but people generally prefer to buy from friends/relatives.
    A friend of mines sister sells it and does a good little business, (thats why i tried it)
    Its free to get the brochures and you can get free samples too to get you started, you generally make something like 10% or 20% of the total of what you sell.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Alli Babba

My friend did it for a year you have to put the effort in.

It works out for every €100 you make you make €10
    So if you know allot of people who will buy a good bit then it is worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 whosthatmammal

isnt that illegal? thought some 17 year old from killiney had to go to court, had to pay a hefty fine was lucky to get away without getting a crimial record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 whosthatmammal

yeah was talking to my friend yesterday about this, she said that in the states people are getting 3 month sentences for this, ireland will soon follow their lead. so i dunno if its wise to talk about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Got a criminal record for what?

Selling Avon?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Nickibaby* wrote:
    Got a criminal record for what?

Selling Avon?? :eek:
    i dont think so....wtf like?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

I would sell it in work but someone already does it. basically she just gives us a brochure every month and someone always buys stuff off her. It's that simple. No hard sell or nothing. go for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

heard that as well, they've broken some by-law due to using ALOT of animal products/testing in their products, which hasnt really been done in awhile. so they are going down!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement