Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumbass wireless question

• 10-08-2005 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Hi,I've just recently bought a laptop with built-in wireless and I got connected to a free wireless hotspot recently but I want to know how can I configure my machine so that I can use this wireless connection to use the Internet, download email etc?
    Like I said in the title, dumbass question. You can send me your bills for damage to keyboard, monitors due to coffee, tea, coke spills damage.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if you got connected, your laptop should be able to use the net aslongas the network has internet access,

check IE to see if it's working in offline mode, or use firefox.

i presume your using Windows XP....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Yeah, I'm using XP, but my dial-up connection is IE's default connection. How do I change it to use the wireless connection instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

ON IE goto tools/internet options/connections/ tick dial only if Network connection is not available or never dial internet connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Will do,thanks.

Advertisement