Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Connecting to Servers

Options
  • 10-08-2005 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I've had problems with my computer over the last two days(it seems to want to run CHKdisk every time I turned the computer on) and ended up having to reinstall Battlefield2 as it was constantly crashing out. I retrieved the account information and have no problems getting into BFHQ. For some reason however I can't seem to be able to connect to any servers(ranked/unranked, with/without punkbuster, through xfire/ase or the ingame server browser). It throws up following error message "The server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join". I havn't changed any content or added any mods etc. Its a clean install and always was before I started having the problems with windows starting up and ending up having to reinstall BF2. I have the latest patch(version shown on main menu is 1.1.2484.0). Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem? Any help would be much appreciated....

Update: It appears that one of the files is failing the patch update. I found the below in the patch log.
    Applying HISTORY File Patch for 'mods\bf2\Objects_client.zip'

warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
    found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Managed to fix the problem. Looks like EA have manged to f**k up the patch for the patch that they released. Thread on totalbattlefield on it...

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=14208

The problem really only affects people that have need to reinstall the game. Basically to fix the problem you need to install game as new, update punkbuster(using pbweb.exe is the easiest way) and then finally install the patch. Missing out on the punkbuster step will cause the update to fail and will require another reinstall.

Looking forward to the threads re: patch 1.03 already....

Advertisement