Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless HELP

• 10-08-2005 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

I need some help with a wireless connection i just got with IBB.
    Everything is fine im getting better speeds then i ever got with
    Digiweb (For now anway!) My problem is I want to share the
    connection with my Laptop using a Linksys WRT54G Wireless
    Router, I had it set up for my DSL and had no problem with it
    but i cant get it to work with the wireless.
    any help would be great lads cheers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

You just got IBB???? LOL Did you not look for help on boards before signing up with those cowboys???..
    Anyway if you insist.. Cant you give a bit more info..
    What OS are you using?
    How are you network connections set up?
    Are you getting any sort of network connection between th PCs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya iv read them all just gotta try it for myself and see how it goes if its crap
    the out the door with them in the blink of an eye(im getting 350kB`s up n down right now)
    i use XP, right now i just have the eathernet wire going into my PC and the router dissconected altogether.
    my network connections are set up with th IP and DNS IBB gave me.
    I think a real step by step guide is what i need...lol
    cheers bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Dont know if it will work like that. If I understand you correctly the network cable from your BB modem is connected to your PC & you PC has a wireless network card .. Is that correct?
    Connect your PC to your router...run the network set up wizard..select dynamic ip address (automatic)
    run the network wizard on your Laptop ...select wirless connection..select dynamic addressing as above (don't forget both machines must use the same workgroup). When the wizard finishes restart each machine even if it doesn't ask you to. Before trying an internet connection go to explore/my network places & see can you see both machines..If that works you should be able to browse wirelessly.. BTW make sure the wireless is turned on on the laptop... I know it sounds obvious but its caught me out before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Right il have a go at that beller.
    ha that happend me the 1st time i tried to set up my wireless with dsl
    could not get it to work for two days turns out it was the wireless had to
    be turned on well im getting better at all this...i hope. cheers beller.

Advertisement