Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 10-08-2005 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

Hey......I've just been F**kin around on ps2 playing ff for quite a while in my friends house.
    I know this will sound a tad stupid but I was wondering f someone could please tell me what's it all about and ho the characters are and all that jazz.

I'd really prefer to know the story before I play the game probably.
    Link me to a site if you want instead of explaining it.

Thanks for your help....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You are better off starting to play the games and not know who the characters are. All the characters usually have hidden agendas and telling you will severely spoil the enjoyment of the games. Telling you the story will also ruin the game for you. The best part of all FF games are their fantastic story. DON"T SPOIL THE GAMES BY VISITING WEBSITES DETAILING THE STORIES! Best to find out yourself.

I think you are probably starting FF on a high number in the series and think you will be lost and not know what is going on. Don't worry, every final fantasy game is set in a completely different world with new characters and has no bearing on the last game, the exception being FF X-2. FFX-2 is a direct sequel to the fantastic FFX so you really shouldn't play that. Another good reason for not playing it is that it is absolute crap and a disgrace to the series. The rest in the series and rather good, arguabley some of the best games ever. Enjoy and cherish them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Wow.......thanks for the reply.
    I'm starting on 7 and I think what you said is right!
    Well i'm off to see what story unravels.Thanks for the tips.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well i started off on 7 and can tell you that you don't need to know anything initially about the story. Enjoy probably the best game ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Although.. i just recently finished FF6 again... i love the story to that one :)

to OP : as just stated it's really best to go through the story yourself, find out who / what appeals most to you and the stories never bore [ i'm not including X-2 ] just carry on playing and the story will have you so hooked you'll want to play it again, or just as good you can get some of the other games in the series and start that love for the game all over again :D

Advertisement