Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Using an iPod with WIN98??

• 10-08-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Windows 98 is one of the most popular os's around and it doesnt seem to be compatibile with Itunes..
    What are apple playing at here?
    Does this mean that if I want to have an ipod I have to update my whole computer system to take Win 2K or XP? seems like bad tactics to me?

what are my options if I want an iPod and I only have win98

Thanks,

Hakko

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Get an iRiver or Creative product instead perhaps. These are compatible with W98 anyway. Just an option/suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Hi Guys,

Windows 98 is one of the most popular os's around and it doesnt seem to be compatibile with Itunes..

it's not Itunes it's not compatable with , it' s USB2.0.

the Ipod is 2.0 only ( well the majority of Ipod's sold these days are, only the Mac ones are 1.0 and they haven't been sold in atleast 1.5 years).

From the sounds of it you could try and upgrade your win98 to win98B , but finding these disks are next to impossable.

Best bet is to either change the MP3 player your using or upgrade your OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

iTunes does not run on windows '98
    pretty much any usb2.0 device out there will run on usb1.1, albeit at a crippled speed.

your best bet would be to find the iPod windows '98 driver and grab winamp + the iPod support software for that from winamp.com
    i'm offering no guarentee that it'll work though - the required windows specs for an iPod are win me/2k/xp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Found this site with info on your problem

iPod USB driver for Windows 98
    http://win98.drivers.w.interia.pl/ipod.html

Advertisement