Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cas1.5 Tccd Ram!

Options
  • 11-08-2005 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Produced by Geil and called Geil One. Unbelievable CAS1.5 :eek:

Anyone any ideas? I've never heard about CAS1.5 before

Any idea where to buy it? Not available on the usual suspects: shop4memory.com (in Celbridge, Co. Kildare), OCUK, Komplett or JES

I'd be interested in a matched pair of 2*512MB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

yeah the 1% performance increase will be worth the expence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel

yeah the 1% performance increase will be worth the expence ;)

I would have thought it might be some marketing BS :)

Any links to show the benifits are minimal, Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

afaik a decent stick of TCCD ram should be able to go to 1.5 tCAS if you give it a bit of voltage without increasing the clock. 2x 256meg modules would probably be the best option. Personally I'd rather stick to my 2x or 4x 512meg sticks for the far greater performance benefit.

CAS1.5 would more than likely show more performance gain on a 939 system than a 775.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050721/index.html

It's crap....look at the voltage you need + stability issues.

Tom's Hardware doesn't rate as a tech-site in my book.

It's like saying Sky News is a reliable and un-biased news and media institution held in high regard by the world's journalistic press.

THe article rabbits on about DDR2, gives one line to mentioning that the 3V vDIMM settings required the use of a "special purpose cooling fan for memory", and goes on to say that skt939 is the future for AMD when the new wave of socket M/F are due to launch Q4 '05.

Arse. Elbow. Couldn't calculate a delta if free chocolate cake depended on it.

To quote DooDee: "German Dentists...pffffffff!"

Running any component at settings so far outside the standard spec is going to be fraught with issues. The active cooling requirement is common knowledge amongst the regulars on places like dfi-street.com. I don't have it to hand, but I'm fairly certain it's also mentioned in the DFI LP NF4 manuals too, somewhere near the 4V vDIMM jumper diagram.

The author felt it neccessary to explain the purpose of heatspreaders ffs. And one of the "disadvantages" of them was smudging from fingerprints.
    This is an indication of their target readership.

I'm mildly curious to see what Anand and the lads at bit-tch and Xbit Labs make of these 'certified' modules. They're probably TCC5 as actual TCCD is nolonger manufactured, and hasnt been for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

SyxPak wrote:
    Tom's Hardware doesn't rate as a tech-site in my book.
    I agree. I never go there to check anything. Ever.
    SyxPak wrote:
    They're probably TCC5 as actual TCCD is nolonger manufactured, and hasnt been for a few months.
    Most likely are TCC5, which are very good too. I run two sticks of it.

TCCD is still available, but ONLY to Corsair due to their agreement with Samsung. They should still be able to make memory with TCCD chips until year end.

Aye, it's been EoL'd but there'd still be some stock left.
    I'm running OCZ EL 3200 plat rev2s which changed over to TCC5 a while back, and although I haven't gotten "h4rdk0re to teh macks" with tweaking the settings yet, I expect it to run smoothly with the TCCD timing specs.

TCC5 has very very similar characteristics and 'kosher' capabilities as TCCD - ie it can run at similarlyhigh clocks and low timings to TCCD.....
    {edit}...when comparing similarly officially rated memory modules/apples to apples/PC4000 to PC4000{/edit}

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The likes of GSkill still has TCCD chips.

Im just after getting 2x512mb Mushkin L2 V2 2-2-2 Ram which has TCC5 chips and BP Board..... lookin forward to see how they perform. I like the fact that it should be capable of both tight timings and high fsb..... leaves you pretty flexible with your overclock.

Whats the story with BH5 showing up again btw (ie komplett, twinmos)?

[edit] http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/memory/ddr-ram-pc3200.asp have the 1.5 Stuff....... TCCD Chips, Geil ONE. Does CL1.5-2-2-5 @ DDR400 CL2.5-4-4-7 @ DDR600, impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050721/index.html

It's crap....look at the voltage you need + stability issues.

LOL, idiots at tomshardware!

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
    we had to push the input voltage all the way to 3.0 volts - something that can't be good for their longevity

:rolleyes: ehr, lifetime warranty anyone?

Opening another thread seeking advice on what memory I should buy :)

[/font][/font]

Advertisement