Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzy--Your opinion

Options
  • 11-08-2005 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok weve all seen ozzy's fall from metal god to humble parent but has anyones opinion changed on him since?For me he still remains one of the true gods of metal and that will never change but some people just see him as an old has been sellout.

Your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Never thought he could sing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Are you taking the pis$?? ozzy fu(king rules and has been one of the most inspirational frontmen around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ozzy is untouchable. The power of the first eight Sabbath albums and his first two solo albums is such that, despite his wife dragging his legacy through the dirt, the man remains, and will always remain, the greatest in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I said it before and Ill say it again. Anything ozzy does which is embarassing to the metal community is more than likely because of sharon. The guy is a legend of a frontman, and can still keep the crowd going, despite not being able to move, except for random frog-jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

undoubtedly the king of the world he did so much for music and inspired a generation of lunatics..the only reason his status has come into question is because he did reality tv and everyone hates that...even though the osbournes was funny as ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Ozzy is the legend. It just makes me sad when people refer to him as "reality tv star" or "madman rock star" in such a way that, I dont know, its 'funny' and almost 'ironic' that he used to be in a band...despite the fact he is one of the genres most legendary and respected men. Any artist in the metal world either used to listen to Ozzy/Sabbath or still does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Ozzy is the Man, Regardless of his TV show and his wife's crazed antics in order to boost ratings. Its been said before, Ozzy is Untouchable. He is the Prince of Fupping Darkness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ozzy is the Man, Regardless of his TV show and his wife's crazed antics in order to boost ratings. Its been said before, Ozzy is Untouchable. He is the Prince of Fupping Darkness!

Hes the prince of a fully fledged moron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've seen it from both sides.i used to see him on mtv and just think that he was a bit of a twat.But i recently got my hands on Paranoid and i f**king love it.So now that i have actually heard the music he made i know that he is a Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I think he was at his peak when he was with Ozzy Osbourne, and not Black Sabbath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Yeah, he's great. Can't say I liked him on that show but in most other aspects he's a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

My opinion on ozzy is more based on the last two times he was supposed to play in Ireland, and didn't. He missed ozzfest (thats OZZFEST!) and then missed his date in the point, although I know that was because of the accident he had, still never re-sheduled. His music is good, love to stick on perry mason every once in a while and what not, but he has dropped below the legend mark.

So he's getting old and frail, that doesn't change the music he has made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Legends get old. Legends get frail. Legends may pee themselves in public. Doesn't stop them from being legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Legends get old. Legends get frail. Legends may pee themselves in public. Doesn't stop them from being legends.
    Look at James Brown.LOL.
    Ozzy is still a Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Never listened to Sabbath properly, mosta the greatest hits but I saw him with Sabbath in june at Download.

And yes he's a ****ing legend.

From Bravewords:

It's been rumored for months that this summer's Ozzfest would be its namesake's last — and on Friday, Ozzy Osbourne announced that he is retiring as the headliner of the annual heavy metal festival. However, the singer is expected to finish this summer's tour and plans to make occasional appearances at future Ozzfests.

"After 10 years, the Ozzfest's name and reputation have been established," he said in a statement. "It's time for me to move on and do other things." His publicist noted in a statement, "Ozzfest will carry on in 2006, however Ozzy will limit his performances to only a few, select cities."

Osbourne, who's been performing with BLACK SABBATH this summer as the tour's headliner, has been dogged by throat problems, which have forced the band to drop off of the bill on several recent dates.

The August 7 concert — which had been slated for Somerset, Wisconsin's Float Rite Park Amphitheatre — was postponed until September 10 in an effort to give Osbourne time to rest his strained vocal chords; it will be the last date of this summer's trek. Sabbath have canceled three Ozzfest appearances so far this year — shows on July 27 in Holmdel, New Jersey, July 31 in Noblesville, Indiana and August 2 in Columbus, Ohio — as a direct result of Ozzy's stressed voice. Ticketholders for all three dates were offered full refunds, while co-headliners IRON MAIDEN were called upon to extend their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

He's a legend. I kind of dissociate Ozzy now from Ozzy then though. I liked The Osbournes, it was funny but for me it's got nothing to do with Black Sabbath and the pure liquid metal that pulsed through their veins.

Doctor J wrote:
    The power of the first eight Sabbath albums and his first two solo albums is such that...

Have to disagree with you, I think Black Sabbath were only great as far as Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath. The albums after that had a noticable drop in song quality. And a bloody awful set of sleeves! I mean the cover of Technical Ecstasy? *shudder*

Technical Ecstasy is one of my favourite sleeves of all time!!!

te.jpg

I think they're two great albums, maybe not of the same standard as the first six but tunes like Junior's Eyes, Hard Road, Rock N' Roll Doctor, Dirty Women, You Won't Change Me, Never Say Die, It's Alright... man they are classics. Great albums I say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I just think they sound and look incredibly dated. The first few albums are timeless but I stand by my opinion on the later ones. Still, one man's trash is another man's gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lost alot of respect for him over the past few years but he's still at the top in my books.`

Advertisement