Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza?

• 11-08-2005 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

Where would you go on a Saturday afternoon in Dublin city centre to get a good pizza. Somewhere that offers interesting toppings and good quality?
    We were in NZ a while back and the pizza toppings they offer are so diverse and interesting I would love to find somewhere here that offers Thai green chicken pizza!!
    Thanks in advance
    MPA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 rarryboily

domino's would be your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Can you sit down in Domino's? We would prefer a sit down place. I like Milano's on Dawson street but I have tried practically every pizza on their menu. My favourite there is the Sloppy Guisseppe - yum!!
    MPA

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Millers on Baggot St is great. And they have a good selection of diverse toppings!

If you're near Ranelagh and feel like take-away try Bistro Bianconi. They do the most amazing gourmet-style pizzas! Same prices as Godfathers, Dominos etc but a million times better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

cheapest biggest & best slice in dublin is difontaines in temple bar.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Gotham cafe just off Grafton street duck with hoysen sauce pizza amazing lovely and loads of others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yup! Go with Gotham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

pizza stop is nice - just beside the westbury hotel

also, romano's on capel street is quite nice

both cheap and cheerful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Kingsize wrote:
    cheapest biggest & best slice in dublin is difontaines in temple bar.

That place is quality!Pity they dont open a full restaurant....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

nialldinho wrote:
    Millers on Baggot St is great. And they have a good selection of diverse toppings!
    I second this.... if you're looking for diverse and interesting, this is the place for you.
    It's in-between AIB and Searsons pub on Baggot St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

apache, 10 euro meal deal, cant beat it.

Edit: probably not the sort of pizza place the author was looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

nialldinho wrote:
    If you're near Ranelagh and feel like take-away try Bistro Bianconi. They do the most amazing gourmet-style pizzas! Same prices as Godfathers, Dominos etc but a million times better!

Very true. I have praised Bistro Biaconi here before. Best pizzas ever. They originally only had a Sligo outlet but now as nialldinho said the Dubs can try their pizzas too :D. In Sligo there is a restaurant option, I'm not sure if the Ranelagh one is take-away only.

Oh, and they do a Thai chicken pizza too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Dominos (US Version Zip Code:60622) had it for 3 months 3-4 years back still hasnt been beaten :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nobody's mentioned Godfathers pizza, its pretty amazing.
    Dominos is great too, except for those Double Decadence pizzas, but they're gone now :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh DiFontaine (Eamon Dorans) has the nicest pizza in the City centre. One of these days I'm gonna get a whole one and eat all of it myself! (They're 20 inch pizzas). Hurra this is my 400th post - how fitting it should be about my favourite hobby - eating pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

La Gondola in Temple Bar do a very tasty pizza, and have some nice lunch deals, but the toppings are pretty standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Bad Ass cafe for me. Really fresh and tasty.

Advertisement