Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a new car

Options
  • 11-08-2005 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Im looking to purchase a new car and I was wondering what a respectable amount of milage done on a car is. My price range would be 4-5k.

Thanks very much for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Normal amount is around 10k(miles)/year. There are other factors however to take into account. A car with higher mileage is better than a car with low mileage and no service history, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Milage depends on where you live. Out in the sticks of Cork I commute to working clocking up 70 miles a day. They add up over a year lemmie tell ya ;)

For that money your looking at the likes of the corsa/punto/206. You will find it hard to get a "fresh" car. Try to keep the milage under 40k when buying your new bus.

Im looking to buy an 01 Astra (yes I finally made up my mind), and I found a few around 8k in Dublin, as you cant get em down here for less than 9500.

Tho with petrol going to crazy atm I wonder if I should go diesel!

Advertisement