Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst game in your collection?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hercule wrote:
    I tend not to buy crap games - usually wait for a bit of feedback about them and buy them on the cheap a few months later. But if I had to say it would have to be Counter-Strike:Condition Zero (controversial?) this game is just the same old FREE CS 1.6 with some fancy theme music and a diabolical single-player game. Anyone who has played the "deleted scenes" campaign will agree with me on this one, the core gameplay revolves around standing and shooting at enemies whilst they stand shooting at you until one of you is dead, this process is repeated a few times per level until u reach the most shockingly bad final mission of all time. You play as an SAS member in Belfast who is out to stop a certain unnamed irish terrorist organisation (who cud that be then?) from detonating a nuke on the top of a skyscraper. Here are the flaws

1. This terrorist organisation, lets call them "the Ra" have got a nuke somehow - its not explained how - i guess that would make to much sense. ffs a nuke?

2. The terrorists wear "generic terrorist model no.3" which sees them wearing jungle combat gear -(it is green) in the middle of a feckin city!

3. The city of Belfast is FULL of giant skyscrapers as far as the eye can see (stuuuu-pid)

4. The terrorists speak with the worst fake irish accents ive ever heard.

5. The final battle is a time-limited battle against a "boss" character named o'reilly (or something). This character uses a samurai sword instead of a gun and can take about 1000 damage (several clips of ammo) since when did "the Ra" have an enigmatic samurai leading them?

6. The ra seem to be incredibly well equipped with the most up-to-date firearms, armour, deployable machine guns and grenades - didnt know they had the funds for this kinda gear let alone a feckin nuke!

This game should be AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!

You seem to despise it because it's not real. Do you hate Mario because he won't fix your toilet? Deus Ex wasn't real either (well, some of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the south park fps
    or draken guard (but it was free)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Funny, i just traded in the three crappiest games i owned - in order : Cel Damage, Medal of Honor Frontline, and Silent Scope - for used copies of Red Faction 2, Resi : Code Veronica and Max Payne. Good deal i hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Hercule wrote:
    Oh, I see the old "Repeating you past statment without any proof or actual point" trick

1. Linear? I defy you to tell me how exactly this game is linear? i think you just said that for the sake of disagreeing with me, its one of the LEAST LINEAR games ever made.

2. Boring? like I find certain things boring but others might find them interesting ? I think you fail to grasp that boredom is relative to the person playing the game not a general tag you can stick on a game. for example saying "Half life is an FPS" thats 100% true and acceptable but saying "nobody will find this interesting" thats just a dumbass assumption.

3. Bugged. I agree with bugged, in fact i agreed with bugged but as i also said that the patches fixed most if not all of the early release problems and thats a given with nearly all PC games.

4.Crap. Go find yourself an argument before you go around claiming that a certain game is crap. You have no points to back up what you are saying like i can say "X" is crap but im sure as hell gonna back it up with why .

if your gonna reply to this dont go again with nonsensical reiteration of statements that have no real meaning. Come to me with actual facts and then I might accept some of your points (then again ill propably just blow them out of the water as well)

Jesus christ youd swear i just called your mother a crack addicted cock gobbler, cant accept the fact someone doesnt like a game you do? get over it ffs.
    I hated it, i thought it was dull, the 'conversations' with npc were done better in 15yr old games like monkey island, the 'action' was badly exectued, nay, WOEFULLY executed, the graphics were sub par considering its running on source engine, the city was so badly designed you never once actually felt like youre walking around a city, it felt more like one big room with a few branches leading off it conviently pushing you to the next part of a mission (ie incredibly linear), these and more are the reasons i thought, and still think its BLAND BORING CRAP. If you cant accept someone elses opinion i suggest you make your own forum called the 'my opinion is the only one that matters, agree with me or f*ck off' forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I'd have to go with Fifa 2000 (can any player twist 10 times in completely different directions and still hold the ball) and GTA2 on the playstation. My god after you play from GTA3 onwards how bad were the top down versions....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Funny, i just traded in the three crappiest games i owned - in order : Cel Damage, Medal of Honor Frontline, and Silent Scope - for used copies of Red Faction 2, Resi : Code Veronica and Max Payne. Good deal i hope.
    i'm guessing that all of those are for the ps2?
    I'm enjoying Code Veronica on the gamecube at the mo. thought it'd be hard to go back to a traditional resi game after the glorious resi4... but it's still damn fun :)
    I wouldn't touch the ps2 version of Max Payne with a barge pole though. it'd be like drinking moet out of a coffee mug :p

The worst game i own for the pc is "Savage - The battle for Newerth"
    i'd prolly have loved it if i'd managed to find a n00b friendly server. it's definitely not a pick up and play game...
    i'll give it another chance once i get broadband again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hidden and Dangerous on the PSone.

Was swapped by a friend, after he bought it, for a pack of crisps. Later traded onto me for several old PC demos. You'd think under any circumstance it'd be worth it.

God, I was wrong. So wrong. Definately the worst "Oh my GOD this is a released game?????" moment I've ever had. I mean there are crap games and CRAPPIEST GAME EVER crap games. This was definately the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

FF X-2, utter cack. One of those Harry Potter games has oddly appeared in my shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

vampire was buggy and fairly linear as the plot goes (not much action tro the game effect the ending) but i really looked forward to it, loved the orginal and still enjoyed it dispite its problems (which btw was between the development team and the publisher it went from '6 months' delayed to 'released this friday' overnight...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Resident Evil 0 is the worst game I still have, most of the games I buy I try before hand but in this case I just bought it, and It's pretty damn horrible compared to other recent RE games and Survival Horrors in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Now why cudnt you do that the first time? - instead of spouting what you had just wrote in the last post again - this i respect, you gave me an argument like i asked
    cant accept the fact someone doesnt like a game you do? get over it ffs.
    thats just jumping to a conculsions i dont believe that and its naive to think im trying to set about changing peoples opinons- which i have no interest in doing. im trying to say that yes, a game i like doesnt belong in this topic as its not as bad as they said it his. What i did expect was for you to come back with reasons for why u thought it was bad and not a kind of "shoot down this guys opinion with monosylabic answers" response and thats why i responded how i did

and now to what i think about your actual argument.
    you say that the conversations were done better in monkey island thats like saying "this rpg is crap cus its not as good as FF7"

your statements about the city,graphics and gameplay are just you opinion and its up to ppl to decide these kinda things personally

your defintion of "incredibly linear" is a little jaded an incredibly linear game works like this .......level 1 then level 2 then level 3 vampire offers all sorts of different branches that means you might start at level 1 then level "24" then level "6" (if u get my drift)
    If you cant accept someone elses opinion i suggest you make your own forum called the 'my opinion is the only one that matters, agree with me or f*ck off' forum.
    what in the hell gave you that idea you hypocrite? you were the one tryin to fudge my opinion in the first place!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

This is embarrasing.. Driv3r. Bought it before i read reviews because the first 2 appealed to me. Last time I made that mistake. But even this doesn't compare to Obi Wan on the xbox. Now that, my friends, is a mistake by the human race..I'm shocked they didn't do a recall on the basis of endangering public health and safety.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A few I forgot to mention:

Battle Engine aquila: Terrible conversion of the xbox game. Dreadful slowdown and just plain uninteresting gameplay.

silent Hill 4: i's not the best is it.

P.N. 03: Thought I would like it. A hardcore game from capcom. I really hate this game despite trying to like it. The optional missions are just unbelievably boring

Resident Evil 4: Only joking

I also have a few dreadful games that konami only published that I got free from my mate in Konami:

Nighmare Creatures 2: Absolute tosh 3rd person beat'em up

Woody Woodpecker racing: Diabolical mario kart clone. Looks ****, plays ****, sounds **** and probably smells of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Carmageddon TDR 2000
    and
    Theme Park Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hercule, in all seriousness, I think you jumped the gun a little bit. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Deadwing's original post.

~~~~~~~~"pirates! on the pc was absolute muck. Glorified rehash of a 15+ year old game.
    Vampire the masquerade bloodlines too, my god what a pile of glitchy, boring bollocks that game was."~~~~~~~~~~~

I mean, how is that above statement any different from any other poster's brief comments on any other games that THEY didn't like? You didn't demand that they write a thesis in defence of their stated opinions. Everything that everyone has said on this thread is obviously personal opinion. It's just the fact that Deadwing mentioned a game that you seem to be rather fond of.

And what the hell is this?

"you were the one tryin to fudge my opinion in the first place!"

Where did you get THAT from?!

Your very first, and rather aggressive, post on this particular topic included the sentences "For whatever reason you thought it was boring I can ssure that this game is definitly not "boring bollocks"
    and I compel anyone WITH TASTE to try it out."

You can assure him that it's not boring bollocks? Definitely not? So it's not just your opinion then? Its definte fact that the game isn't boring?

Now, personally I happen to like Vampire, but Deadwing's right : you, sir, are a hypocrite who can not stomach what was obviously someone else's divergent opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Doom 3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

An offender i forgot about : Wizards and Warriors on the PC. When the angels of something-or-other started blabbering on about the sword of isen-something i promptly uninstalled that farce. The most pointless, random game ever. I'm all for nerdieness and beardieness, but that one took the chocolate digestive biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

tbh, I was only pissed at the second post which took everything i said and disregarding it thats what i thought was fudging my opinion - i think in retrospect the good taste remark was in bad taste :(

my original post wasnt a "your opinion is wrong,change it" it was a "Nooooooo that game is good!" - it should be blatantly obvious from my second post that I understand the concept of people having opinions.
    You can assure him that it's not boring bollocks? Definitely not? So it's not just your opinion then? Its definite fact that the game isn't boring?
    did u not see me saying that boredom is relative? this means that something can not be written in stone to be boring or not boring
    you, sir, are a hypocrite who can not stomach what was obviously someone else's divergent opinion.
    like i said the hypocrite statement was in response to the second, not the first post. Besides, dont try to tell me how I bloody well think - this is and was most certainly not the case.

My original post was not as aggresive as you say it was and I did not intend it comes off as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Hercule wrote:
    tbh, I was only pissed at the second post which took everything i said and disregarding it thats what i thought was fudging my opinion - i think in retrospect the good taste remark was in bad taste :(

my original post wasnt a "your opinion is wrong,change it" it was a "Nooooooo that game is good!" - it should be blatantly obvious from my second post that I understand the concept of people having opinions.

did u not see me saying that boredom is relative? this means that something can not be written in stone to be boring or not boring

like i said the hypocrite statement was in response to the second, not the first post. Besides, dont try to tell me how I bloody well think - this is and was most certainly not the case.

My original post was not as aggresive as you say it was and I did not intend it comes off as such.

Butyour first post was aggressive. You just jumped on my post because it was against something you like. If you get so worked up over a difference of opinion i cant see you lasting much longer on boards tbh.
    If youd said 'fine, i can see why some people might not like it but i loved it', this thread would probably still be on topic. Lots of people listed game si like, anyone on this board knows im a doom3 fanboy, and how many people here said it was sh!t? I didnt stat accusing them of having crap taste and demand they back up thier argument with facts proving that doom is rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Have some true stinkers on the Xbox that I just traded for Jade Empire:
    Dead or Alive Beach Vollyball (don't ask)
    Red Card Soccer
    LOTR The first game

Never buying a game again w/o reading a review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

my collection is so amazing my worst game is Resi 4 ;)

nah Id say F-zero X on the n64. i just hated this game tbh. it didnt seem fast and it was plain poo. I was reluctant to buy f-zero gx because of it and it tok me ages to buy it. but it is amazing compared to it. Im not a driving game fan but only two games have really really grabbed me and gx is one and burnout 3 is the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Republic: The Revolution

As someone pointed this game out earlier, it was interesting reading about the game, it had a good structure in theory that would keep you entertained for a "politcal" strategy game and it seemed to get a good review but when i uploaded this game...... FFS for a +12 rated game even a adult would not be able to play this game, i spent ages just trying to do SOMETHING, anything at all and i couldnt. They had a great idea for a game, but implemented it the wrong way so that the game COULD not be enjoyed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

john_g83 wrote:
    Dead or Alive Beach Vollyball (don't ask)

Not a great game but provides hours of entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Bloodrayne - hahhaha i have bloodrayne 2 as well.....i'm afraid to play it

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - trawling tired grey hallways over and over and over, the n64 versions were way better

Dead to Rights - great intro, all downhill from there, didn't deserve a sequel

Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick - once again, a great movie license is hacked to death by the idiots at THQ, after you've spent the first 5 minutes pressing triangle to hear bruce campbells one liners, you have experienced the best the game has to offer

SpyHunter 2 - ...................

Advertisement