Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€500, what to do.

• 11-08-2005 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

just got a little bonus at work. 500 smakers, i want a new gadget, can be an mp3 player or phone or anything, what u recommend? your top 5 gadgets under 500...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

ARCHOS AV player, any, new (base config = small HDD) or 2nd hand (better config = bigger HDD). Does mp3 + video + photo + removable (USB 2) HDD and some more, depending on model.

Nintendo SP, Supercard (SD or CF model) from Lik Sang, a big SD or CF to go with that. Does same as above and probably €420-ish spare change left, with a bit more 'work' to provide for making files playable.

Or visit this store and look for inspiration :)

My €0.02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Have you seen the size of the lastest argos catalogue, there's all kinds of junk you could spend your €500 on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

give the money to me maybe ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

go to lik-sang.com and order a nintendo ds with a rake of cool import games.

alternatively - you could buy a PSP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 AutoLink

hmm psp.. dono.. not really into the old playstation.. migh get a media player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Has to be a media player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

http://www.creative.com/products/pmp/
    try that on for size.
    gadgets dont come niftier then that

its fun to say "nifty" im adding that to my list

Or that :D

Second-hand, off eBay for about half the price of new (where I got mine months ago, most happy clamper since).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Have a look at the amazing Vivitar 6 in 1 Multimedia player with a 20 GB memory ! It is new and it's available here:- www.idealworld.tv
    Item Number:- Vivitar 390H. Type that in to thier product search, and if you are lucky they will have some left at £209.99c.

I got one, its a 3 million pixel Digital Camera, an MPEG4 Video camera, a Digital AV/player/ recorder from any source, TV, DVD, VHS, Digibox etc, an Mp3 player, an audio recorder. Bloody magic for the price,although they deliver to Ireland they use 'TNT' who are a bit slow. I never go anywhere without it in it's case attached to my trouser belt. ;). N.B. It also has a TFT 3.5" flat screen which I watch recorded DVD's on in bed, with the stereo earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

Vivitar 390H - I just got one of these too. Waiting for it to be delivered. Ive heard that the battery dies pretty quickly, have you found this? Just wondering if I should get an extra battery cos I'll be using it mostly while I'm travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

Get an iRiver with 40gig disk. They are brilliant.

sound quality is excellent and has an FM radio which you can record from.
    And with a firmware upgrade you can play movies on the colour screen!

Do it nowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! you know you want to.

Have you considered making a dent in your mortgage instead? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

MazStar,

If you are using it travelling a lot, it has an included mains adapter, but an extra battery is highly recommended, as the large 3.5" TFT Screen drains the battery pretty quickly AFAIK !. Up to now I have used mine mainly at home, although I have made a number of Video recordings ( The clip on lapel microphone is brilliant). The battery has yet too cut out on me while videoing.

Looking for a spare battery myself, but as they are a NEW Lithium ion battery pack:- 3.7v 1850mAh, I have not found one yet, but then I have not exactly been searching very hard.

You should be able to get a car adapter. This gizmo is amazing and I seem to find out another use for it practically every day, it really is - All singing, all dancing, all in one Multimedia for a great price.

Good luck.

P.

N.B. If you find a place with a stock of these batteries, could you please let me know ?.. Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I Have a nice Garmin GPS system that i'll part with for that price.. Street Pilot 3 colour screen ,mapsource europe with street level mapping.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

Paddy20
    Thanks for the info. I saw some battries for the vivitar 390H on ebay for £24.99.

Advertisement