Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA to publish We Love Katamari in Europe...

Options
  • 11-08-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Clicky
    This looks sweet... damn the fact it's only on PS2!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i'll be getting this from america the minute I have my credit card sorted out. The first game was fantastic if a little short.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Played an import copy of the game and it was a great laugh glad to see EA trying something new,

Katamari 2 is already on the way also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wonder is this the start of a trend that will see EA use the enormous profits from their yearly updates to bring us more left-field games in a bid to win the hearts of the more discerning gamer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not likely. They waited to see how well the first game did in america and probably got the publishing rights for a steal. Still it's nice to know it is going to make it to Europe. Too many people have missed out on one of the best games of this generation. I just hope they don't change the fantastic surreal japanese soundtrack and translate it or worse still give it an EA Big makeover with lots of nu-metal and soft-rock-cock

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

yeah i hope so too, and maybe Sony,Microsoft and Nintendo will join forces and release one console - lets call it a Gameplaybox that would be great

I think its just wishful thinking to think that these money-whore corporations give a damn about the games, katamari was hugely succesful commercially so they are propably sitting in the conference rooms sayin "gimme sum o' that" and "mmmm, I like spreadsheets showing sales figures going up"

sniff...........why dont they think of our fickle hearts :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

EA in publising not crap game shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Much as I dislike them, BF2 wasn't crap either. Though I don't like how it is tied to IGN/Gamespy for the stats.
    Burnout 3, whilst definately not crap, had several EA poo-stains, such as the DJ and ****ty music, in-game ads for other EA games, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

That's fantastic news. I've been considering getting my PS2 chipped just for this game(using the slide card to play Suikoden 3 was painful and I vowed never to do it again) but guess it won't be needed now! I've been hoping for news like this for ages

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cool! Katamari is the game all the critics worship but no-one else has ever got the chance to play. I may have to break my anti-EA pact to get a hold of a copy. Although i hear they're publishing Valve retail games too... Imagine Half Life Aftermath with an EA logo plasterd on the front. Weep...

True however, that EA have finally started publishing some decent stuff on the side. Strangers Wrath is meant to kick ass, Timesplitters is good fun, and Burnout 3 is cool minus that idiot DJ and the sucky pop rock soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cool! Katamari is the game all the critics worship but no-one else has ever got the chance to play. I may have to break my anti-EA pact to get a hold of a copy. Although i hear they're publishing Valve retail games too... Imagine Half Life Aftermath with an EA logo plasterd on the front. Weep...

True however, that EA have finally started publishing some decent stuff on the side. Strangers Wrath is meant to kick ass, Timesplitters is good fun, and Burnout 3 is cool minus that idiot DJ and the sucky pop rock soundtrack.

Of course, they didn't develop these games, ohhh no. Their teams are reserved for FIFA 2007 (coming December 05, probably).

Wow. I bet they can't wait for Fight Night 2006 for Xbox 360. Hey, let's throw some more numbers in here! Fight Night IV 2007 360 v1.35!! Yeah, feed the masses numbers. That's why the 360 > 3rd PS... numbers, baby...

I'm sorry. EA makes my brain hurt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Of course, they didn't develop these games, ohhh no. Their teams are reserved for FIFA 2007 (coming December 05, probably).

Wow. I bet they can't wait for Fight Night 2006 for Xbox 360. Hey, let's throw some more numbers in here! Fight Night IV 2007 360 v1.35!! Yeah, feed the masses numbers. That's why the 360 > 3rd PS... numbers, baby...

I'm sorry. EA makes my brain hurt

There's already two EA-bashing threads at the moment. This should be a thread for celebrating Katamari!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

YAY We Love Katamari is great\o/

NAY... EA will probably rename it 'Wayne Rooney presents 50Cent's Katamari Urban Street Cred Underground 2K6' and fill it with ads for deoderant because us gamers smell, and ads for TigerWoods06 and FIFA 06 and FIFAStreet2 and MoH:HereWeGoAgain... because we just might be immune to all the other ads they will probably have EVERYWHERE.

It would be cool if the DJ they get talked in Japanese though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Playing the original great fun but , i wonder what its like sober......

kdjac

It's by far the happiest game ever. When I feel down i just start humming the theme tune in my head :D Is the intro for We Love Katamari as good as the original intro.

We Love Katamari... yes we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

50 Cent is being published by Vivendi.

There's even talk of turning it into a franchise... the horror!! :eek:

Advertisement