Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital camera problem

• 11-08-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

i took a few photos on my panasonic dmc-fx2 last night but they wont come out..... i didnt have time to charge the battery and so as i was taking the pictures the low battery symbol was flashing. the pictures seemed to be ok as i was taking them but when i tried to load them on my computer this morning it keeps saying, in windows picture viewer, "preview not available" i tried to open it in my photo editor and it said "file not recognised" but they are jpegs...? i also took a few movies on it and they are stored as .mov and quick time gives me the same "file not recognised" error message.

is it possible that because of the low battery the files were not completely saved to my memory card and if so is there any way of recovering them as i need the pics for a website.

cheers
    moe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

Quite possible that they are damaged as a result of low battery power.

If you stick one of the pics up here I'll have a look at it and tell you the exact problem.

You may have got a dodgy camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the camera works grand afaik cos i took pictures with it earlier before the battery went and they came out grand....

http://members.boards.ie/big_moe/P1010186.JPG

here is one of the pics

cheers
    moe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

There wasn't enough power in the camera to save the file properly. Most likely the camera died before it wrote the jpeg marker.

I managed to open it but all I get is lines across it. Definitely not right.

Advertisement