Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Djurgardens vs Cork City

• 11-08-2005 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Its a rare event when Cork City do not at least remain competitive in Euro competitions.

From B. Munich to Nantes, Cork City have always held their own.

I think they can get a draw in Sweden tonight. Id take a 0-0, but a score draw would be even better. City are missing George O'Callaghan so we will rely heavily on O'Dononvan and Kearney down the wings if we are going to get a goal.

Prediction Djurgardens 1-1

Neil Fenn to score :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I almost never go in for predictions as I feel I jinx things, so Ill not start now.

I have a feeling though, that Djurgardens are underestimating City somewhat, as They may feel that City are overconfident after beating Malmo last season.

Should be a close game, and the tie will be alive and kicking come the 2nd leg.

With Citys away form so far this season, who is to say it wont continue tonight!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Cork

/going bookies now

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_event_by_markets&chosen_ev_id=503761&chosen_ev_mkt_id=1140288&category=SOCCER

11-1 on a 1-0 not bloody bad altho Dju are 1-3 to win and Cork 13-2 decent odds but dunno anything about Dju.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hopefully they can sneak an away goal and maybe sneak the first leg. Shame its not on any tv station. It isnt even on any swedish satellite channels from what I can see. Might be a feed hopefully for it.

^ if you see or hear of a feed please let me know.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I think Cork City can do enough to get something from tonights game, as the OP said, they are always competitive in European matches.

I'm very surprised that RTE aren't showing this match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Best of luck Cork. Hopefully they'll put themselves in a decent position for the 2nd leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Jonno's gonna torment the Cork defense. Hopefully I can get to the leg at Turners Cross. 3-0 Djurgardens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Djurgarden 2-1 Cork is my prediction , although I would still give Cork a very good chance to go through the tie .

1-0 City.

Get In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on City!!

Yessss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

How did I miss this?

Ignore my thread then, sorry about that.

Great start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Fenn with the goal , great start :) .

Sounds a cracker. Im told both teams should have scored since the opener.

Ill be quite happy with 0 - 1 thank you very much!

Me and my €3@11-1 will be damn happy with 1-0 to Cork.

kdjac

Just had a call from Sweden. Apparently by the looks of things there will be goals, possibly for both teams. Both had cahnces. O Flynn and Kearney going close, blocked on the line.

Djurgardens getting jeered by their own fans at this point. COME ON!!!

HT 1 - 0

gimmick wrote:
    Djurgardens getting jeered by their own fans at this point. COME ON!!!

That is excellent news.

Half Time now.

1-1. 10 mins ish to play :(:(:(

Jaysis, 1-1 is no bad result...

Bah typical Cork have to **** it up late on :D

Lol whinging about 1-1 away vs a better team, damn EL never gets anywhere.

kdjac

seansouth wrote:

It is when you have 1-0 to win you €40

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

1-1 :(

seansouth wrote:

Its not a result.

5 mins to play.

KdjaC wrote:
    :D

Game over.

Great result. Pity they had to equalise in such a soft fashion. But this tie is very much alive.

Think it's over now.

Fair play to Cork City, away goal will do them good for the second leg, and they can even afford to draw 0-0.

Apparently it was a quite open game, so I can see them scoring in the return.

I know the late equaliser was gutting, but come one, if a 1-1 was offered before the game you'd have bitten off the hand.

Well done.

Well fcuk that,getting bus to inchicore morrow so :(

Oh well done Cork i suppose.

kdjac

1-1 was a good result if a little disappointing in the way it came about. All to play for in the second leg and George O'Callaghan will be back.

Linfield drew 1-1 away also decent result.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    Linfield drew 1-1 away also decent result.

kdjac
    Also against a Swedish team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Prediction Djurgardens 1-1

Neil Fenn to score :)

Nice prediction :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Great result.

Co-efficient now 1.666. Many thanks CCFC :)

Hopefully they'll get the chance to get a club co-efficient and guarantee seeding next year for themselves! Fingers crossed they get through, with a non-insane draw next round I think we could be seeing the first ever Irish team to qualify for a group stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Illkillya wrote:
    Nice prediction :)

Cheers feen, and delighted that I am so right. Great result tonight and without George O'Callaghan too.

Tonight's match is minor compared to the Shels match on Monday night. :p

6/7000 people willing on our heroes. With the good feeling after beating Clare on Sunday nothing will be able to stop us.

I cant wait!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

well done cork. i made a few comments in the "how to improve the eircom league" thread really this is one of the best ways to attract neutral viewers like myself, by getting good results against big teams in big competitions.

so well done to to cork and their fans.

Does anyone know if Mattias Jonson played tonight for Djurgardens

kensutz wrote:
    Does anyone know if Mattias Jonson played tonight for Djurgardens

Dan Murray and Benno kept him quiet enough and he was replaced at half time.

He was a bit abit off the pace according to reports. I think the Sweedish league is in full flow at the moment.

• Advertisement

Thanks just wanted to know if it's worth making a trip down for the leg at Turners Cross to see how he gets on

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

I hear your pain, i had €10 @ 13/2 with P. f***in powes.

I'll take 1-1 though.

kensutz wrote:
    Thanks just wanted to know if it's worth making a trip down for the leg at Turners Cross to see how he gets on

Id say he will be playing for the 2nd leg. Thats a fortnight away. he'll be much fitter by then.

Now, getting a ticket will be the problem! :)

Id say he will be playing for the 2nd leg. Thats a fortnight away. he'll be much fitter by then.

Now, getting a ticket will be the problem! :)

Not if you have contacts ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Well Done Cork. You are keeping the Irish flag flying.
    Now dont go and blow it all by losing 0-1 at home
    or drawing 1-1 and going out on peno's.

• Advertisement

^ Im sure Damien Richardson will take that bit of advice. He may not have thought of it in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

well got back from the game late last night.. just a couple of things that struck me

-the pitch was HUGE!! massive! we looked a bit lost at times on it i had to say..

- some of Djurgardens passing was fantastic, they certainly applied a lot of pressure.. that being said.. they didnt create many chances...

- Neal Fenn is an aboslute star.. his first touch and awareness is amazing.. at one stage a long ball from danny murphy found fenny on the edge of the box, his first touch took himover the massive centre half, he chested and volleyed just over from a stupidly tight angle.. not the fastest player in the world but he makes up for that with everything else..

- Our keeper Mick Devine.. mick devine he clears our lines HEY MICKEY!.. you could see why he got the nod despite tbeing out for four weeks.. taking his time with every kick out... he eventually got booked... slowing down the game at every opportunity.. made some fantastic saves too.. at the very last minute a shot was trickling over.. got back to palm the ball away, i still dont know how he did it.. my heart was in my mouth

-Rico got it spot on, not afraid to go forward and attack, full backs over lapping.. thought greg o'halloran and joe gamble played very, very well, and the back four were solid enough, alan bennett was aboslutely amazing, the most underrated player in the league? magic, absolutely magic

so the returtn leg in a fortnight.. dunno how rico will approach this one.. will he attack, will he sit back? i dont think he can afford to sit back when djurgardens can take someone like Ibrahim Ba off the bench... erra we'll see.. just going to enjoy last nihgts result for a while now anyway

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=308874.html

Just looking at the teams in the hat for next round, some cracking teams in there.

You would have to want Boro or Bolton just for the money or Hibs if you want to get tru.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Roar wrote:
    Our keeper Mick Devine.. mick devine he clears our lines HEY MICKEY!

A classic chant! Fair play to yiz lads and I sincerely hope you do the business in the cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Good Result .. fair play hopefully they can make it to the group stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

FIRST ROUND PROPER

RUS 1st PFC CSKA Moskva***** 34.469
    ESP 1st RCD Espanyol 29.326
    ESP 1st Sevilla FC 36.326
    ESP 1st CA Osasuna** 24.326
    ENG 1st Bolton Wanderers FC 20.864
    ENG 1st Middlesbrough FC 32.864
    ITA 1st UC Sampdoria 20.191
    ITA 1st US Città di Palermo 20.191
    ITA 1st AS Roma** 73.191
    GER 1st Hertha BSC Berlin 46.166
    GER 1st VfB Stuttgart 58.166
    GER 1st Bayer 04 Leverkusen 65.166
    FRA 1st AJ Auxerre* 51.324
    FRA 1st Stade Rennais FC 16.324
    FRA 1st RC Strasbourg**** 17.324
    POR 1st Vitória FC* 14.739
    POR 1st SC Braga 15.739
    POR 1st Vitória SC 14.739
    GRE 1st AEK Athens FC 47.715
    GRE 1st Xanthi FC 12.715
    GRE 1st PAOK FC 35.715
    GRE 1st Aris Thessaloniki FC** 15.715
    NED 1st AZ Alkmaar 37.145
    NED 1st Feyenoord 62.145
    NED 1st SC Heerenveen 26.145
    NED 1st Willem II** 13.145
    CZE 1st FC Baník Ostrava* 10.223
    TUR 1st Galatasaray SK* 50.872
    SCO 1st Hibernian FC

:eek: Some really cracking teams there alright !! Cork wont be seeded to they will more than likely be facing one of the above. Is that right or do they take Djurgardens co-efficent ?

I hope cork can make up the points in their co-efficient so all the EL teams are seeded next season

^ Should City progress, they will not take Djurgardens seeding Im afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Great result for cork & the league.

Fingers cross they don't blow it at home.. some extremely tough teams in the next round draw if they make it that far, but it would be amazing to see them in the group stages.

Here's hoping a packed-out turner's cross & a much smaller pitch will make it intimidating for the swedes..

Would Cork City making the Group Stage be good or bad for Irish football?

I mean, imagine the money they will make there, with that they could go on and dominate Irish football for years to come, it would be a disaster for one team to dominate while the other twenty one struggle financially in their cloud of smoke they leave trailing as they continue to qualify for European comeptitions with the players they can buy and pay.

:D

^ Facetious jerk :D

If City made the group stages there would be no close season. That couldnt be good for the teams chances next season.

Anyway, its pie in the shy. Lots of football to be played against Djurgardens yet!

• Advertisement
Advertisement