Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hubcap for 2003 Passat

Options
  • 11-08-2005 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all,

Anyone know some where (legal) (apart from VW) to get a replacement hub cap for a passat ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Where are you? There's a place in between the Louglinstown roundabout and Cherrywood on the N11 near to the tyre and exhaust place that has vast racks of second hand ones outside, presumably 'rescued' from the side of the road, or got from scrap dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ifahey

Hi alun,

any idea of the name of that place ?

I'm in city centre but have motorbike and can nip out during tea break !

Cheers

No idea what it's called, but if you're coming from town along the N11, go up to the Loughlinstown roundabout and turn around back the way you came. Just as you come down the hill, past Jim Rock motors there's a small turn off, at the lights I think, onto a small parallel road by the Silver Tassie pub. Just along on the left there's a tyre place of some sort (Advance Pitstop?) and a vet's surgery and this place I mentioned. You can't miss it really, you can even see it from the main road as you go by on the way up to the roundabout, and there's racks of old hubcaps outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I just happen to have three of them in my garage... PM or post a pic of the one you want (I think there are two types) and if mine are the same (or you don't care either way) you can make an offer for one, two or three...

'c

P.S Mike65, I am NOT a trader - I just don't throw anything out...

P.P.S I'm in Galway but postage is unlikely to be much.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Alun - when was the last time you saw that place open?
    I was down there about a year ago and couldn't find the place. I asked in the tyre place and was told that he had closed shop.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I just happen to have three of them in my garage... PM or post a pic of the one you want (I think there are two types) and if mine are the same (or you don't care either way) you can make an offer for one, two or three...

P.P.S I'm in Galway but postage is unlikely to be much.

postage is probably more than a single hub caps worth...

zapata wrote:
    Alun - when was the last time you saw that place open?
    I was down there about a year ago and couldn't find the place. I asked in the tyre place and was told that he had closed shop.
    :confused:
    Not sure ... I'll be driving past tomorrow so I'll have a look, but what with it being Sunday and all ...

Advertisement