Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question about Wireless

• 11-08-2005 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

This is real stupid but.... :o

My IOL/BT BB ZyXEL P623R-T1 modem/router keeps on cutting out on me so I am getting a new modem. Now if I get a wireless modem(One I have in mide) can I hook it up to my main computer like by a wire or do I have to get another wireless modem fitted into my cpu?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

eamoss wrote:
    This is real stupid but.... :o

My IOL/BT BB ZyXEL P623R-T1 modem/router keeps on cutting out on me so I am getting a new modem. Now if I get a wireless modem(One I have in mide) can I hook it up to my main computer like by a wire or do I have to get another wireless modem fitted into my cpu?

Wise man once say "The only stupid question is the one not asked!"

Anyways the first thing to say is that if you wish to replace your modem/router you need this.
    or say a netgear 834g. Argos has this model for around 100 euros and it seems to be the same as the wag54g except that its a nicer case. Both of these handle adsl2 in case you ever go to Smart.

The model you have in mind does not have a modem.

You can hook these up to your computer in the usual way via an ethernet cable or you can buy a pci wireless card or a usb version and you would not need the ethernet cable. There are four sockets for hooking up pcs by ethernet cable on these routers.

Advertisement