Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server List Loading(in Game MP Mode)

• 11-08-2005 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

When I try load the servers in the MP game(UO & Normal COD) the servers load at a snails pace and not even all of them load. I get about 30 servers and thats on ALL game types.
    Anyone know the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

What exactly is your problem Irishstabber (you from Limerick :p )? Your PC takes ages to load the maps when you connect to a server? Is that it? What's your PC spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

No dublin here..;)

The problem. If I choose to play UO through the ingame MP mode and I try to find servers I only find a certain amount.. nowhere near the supposed 3000 servers. And those few load a such a slow pace its unreal. It would take 5 minutes just to see 15 servers in the list.
    Its not when I try to load the maps but when i try load the available server, if you know what i mean. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Oh ok, I know what you mean now...

What kind of filters are you applying before making your search? The more filters you have, the longer it's going to take for CoD/UO to find servers that meet your requirements...

To solve all your problems I would advise using ASE (All Seeing Eye). You can apply all your filters in ASE and it will find servers WAY faster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

You might have auto-downloaded something dodgy from some moron clans server just go into your "main" or "UO" folder and look for weird looking files with zzz. at the start delete then restore them depending on what effect they have.

(these two a bit obvious but can be done by accident quite easily)
    make sure you have your filter set correctly if you had mods only and ff on shared youll propably get very few servers popping up.Another cause of this could be that your connection might be set wrong in multiplayer options make sure you have what you say you have DSL,MODEM,ETC
    otherwise you wont produce the right amount of servers - you should be getting around 3200 servers. not 30 - (I guess u already know that)

if it is not these three problems then it must be something outside COD that you have changed or installed recently that is causing the problem - spyware could also be an unlikely culprit in this situation so give spybot s&d a whirl just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Yea...I've had trouble with he filters before..I hope its that.
    I think I will get the All seeing Eye though.

Edit: Ill check the Main Folder too, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement