Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrales V Castillo part deux

Options
  • 11-08-2005 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭

who do you think wins this second epic contest and how ?

Im going with Castillo by KO

hows it going to end up ? 8 votes

Corrales by KO
    0%
    Castillo by KO
    25%
    efbakindoc 2 votes
    Corrales on points
    50%
    ADOGuy:IncognitoBig EarsGeiger 4 votes
    Castillo on points
    12%
    paddyc 1 vote
    Castillo gets DQ'ed
    12%
    MBC 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Castillo by KO
    Big Ears wrote:
    who do you think wins this second epic contest and how ?

Im going with Castillo by KO

I like Castillo... and think he was robbed in the first fight to be honest... but I voted for Corrales..

I want Castillo to win, but I think Corrales will use his advantages this time and make it an easy fight. I think he will box and hurt Castillo early and keep him at bay then stop him late.

Though, it's never really an easy fight with Castillo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Corrales on points
    I think it was a correct decision , Castillo was out on his feet was against the ropes and wasn't throwing back . His hands were down by his side and Corrales had caught him with 7 clean punches on the chin .

Castillo said after the fight something along the lines off : I was out on my feet but the ref should have waited till I took another few punches before stopping the fight .

In a way it was an early stoppage and if Castillo had only hit the deck I don't think the ref would have stopped it , nor should he but I think if Castillo had been hit with one or two more power punches most people would agree the fight should be stopped and Corrales was about to land those power punches as Castillo had no defense and could have been seriously hurt . If you can have a look at Castillo on the ropes(I only rewatched this yesterday and its definetly worth a look) . Theres no way in hell he's either going to get off them (without Corrales knocking him off them) or throw back punches or even put a guard up .

I can't wait , its gonna be great :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Castillo by KO
    Big Ears wrote:
    I think it was a correct decision , Castillo was out on his feet was against the ropes and wasn't throwing back . His hands were down by his side and Corrales had caught him with 7 clean punches on the chin .

Castillo said after the fight something along the lines off : I was out on my feet but the ref should have waited till I took another few punches before stopping the fight .

In a way it was an early stoppage and if Castillo had only hit the deck I don't think the ref would have stopped it , nor should he but I think if Castillo had been hit with one or two more power punches most people would agree the fight should be stopped and Corrales was about to land those power punches as Castillo had no defense and could have been seriously hurt . If you can have a look at Castillo on the ropes(I only rewatched this yesterday and its definetly worth a look) . Theres no way in hell he's either going to get off them (without Corrales knocking him off them) or throw back punches or even put a guard up .

I can't wait , its gonna be great :D .

I think the stoppage was a TAD early but I cant argue with it, but I'm talking about the mouthpiece incident which bought Corrales lots of valuable seconds after he had been knocked down. Castillo has recently said, "Where I come from, talking th mouthpiece out is a sign of surrender!".

It will be a cracker of a fight no doubt about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Corrales on points
    I'm picking Castillo by KO, just a gut feeling. It's gonna be damn near impossible for this fight to be as memorable as the first...but lets hope so :D

Corrales on points
    akindoc wrote:
    I think the stoppage was a TAD early but I cant argue with it, but I'm talking about the mouthpiece incident which bought Corrales lots of valuable seconds after he had been knocked down. Castillo has recently said, "Where I come from, talking th mouthpiece out is a sign of surrender!".

It will be a cracker of a fight no doubt about it :D

That was just plain smart by Corrales , he would have been blasted out of there had he not done it and it gave him the time to recover . it didn't matter that he lost a point because after the second knockdown he needed a knockout anyway .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

when is this fight scheduled for?......if its half as good as the first it will be a great fight!

Corrales on points
    The 8th of October.............and vote for what you think will happen dammit ! .

Corrales on points
    This fights happens tomorrow , but please don't post anything about the fight (unless its in a spoiler) until SKY air it .Which is 2AM Sunday morning .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Castillo by KO
    Its on SS2 Sunday Morning live from 2am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Castillo on points
    corslles to win on points, will be a tough fight for both of them, but he knows after the last one he has to do it in style...

• Advertisement

Corrales on points
    It's interesting that the bookies have made Corrales a slight favourite. However, I'm sticking with Castillo by KO. It's gonna be a great fight that's for sure.

Corrales on points
    Castillo didn't make the weight so no titles are on the line :( , he also looked really ****ty so im changing my decision to Corrales with a late TKO .

Corrales on points
    Yeah, what a real shame about those belts not being on the line. Couldn't believe Castillo was overweight. Not sure who to pick anymore, guess I'll decide closer to the fight.

Corrales on points
    Castillo fired his trainer 2 weeks before the fight , that might have something to do with it .

Corrales on points
    Ach, you know since I've already voted in the poll (Castillo by KO) I might as well stick with it. Of course I was a lot more confident when I cast my vote but anyways.

Corrales on points
    Argh, just realised the fight is on SS2 and not 1 or 3. Since I don't have sky sports 2 this really, really sucks. Disappointed as hell :\

Corrales on points
    Have to say I'm happy for Castillo. I won't be at home to see the replay on SS1 tonight so maybe I'll see it online. I've read the basic fight reports but would anyone like to give their account of the fight? It would have been nice if the belts had been on the line but in a fight as big as this one it doesn't really matter. Now for part 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Geiger wrote:
    Have to say I'm happy for Castillo. I won't be at home to see the replay on SS1 tonight so maybe I'll see it online. I've read the basic fight reports but would anyone like to give their account of the fight? It would have been nice if the belts had been on the line but in a fight as big as this one it doesn't really matter. Now for part 3...

i watched the fight...it was shaping up to be as good as the first...toe to toe no quarter given until castillo nearly took corrales head off with a left hook...
    i disappointed with corrales's defense....he was being caught with the left everytime it was thrown....
    although i think castillo is slightly the better fighter, corrales could really hurt him if he tightened up his defense.....ah well looking forward to part three...hope its goes longer than 4 rounds though :)....

i dont think the extra couple pounds made that much difference to the result

Advertisement